ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrics - help needed!

About 2 weeks ago i noticed my dash lights stopped working. The only bulbs that work are the green main beam bulb, the rear fogs bulb and the heated rear window. Everything else is in total darkness. Is there a relay/fuse specifically for the dash lights?

Also it appears the front fogs arent working. If I press the switch the light on the dash fails to appear, I cant hear the relay clicking and also the fogs themselves dont work. The rear fogs work fine. I have done a few searches but cant seem to find any information on the problems im having so any help at all would be appreciated!

Ive checked the fuses but they all seem to be fine, and it doesnt look like there is a specific fuse for the dash lights. Its got a rheostat in the form of a dimmer but I cant see this being the problem. Thanks for the reply Jay, and has anyone else got any ideas?

As the actual dials go there is almost nothing on the back to go wrong. had mine out yesterday, all there is a few diodes/resistors, nothing that really can go wrong. The circuit is stick onto plastic, has any water etc go down behind it that could be causign a short?

Only thing i can suggest is that one of the wiring plugs mihgt have come loose, they are along the top of the dials, if you take the top of the dash off and the stearing wheel shroud there are 2 screws at the top and 2 at the bottem that hold the dials in, then they pull towards the stering wheel, just check that all the wiring plugs are full connected, there really isnt a great deal holding em in. That is if its a mk1, if not i ahve no idea, mine is a mk1.

Yeah its a mk1 phase1, thanks for that lunner ill have a look tomorrow. I suspect with the front fogs going at the same time there is a wiring fault somewhere so its going to be a long day!

where bouts r u lad? pull the dash out and check all connections, check bulbs and have you checked the fuse box next to the washer bottle?

Im in Preston mate, Lancs. Checked the fuses under the bonnet and they are all fine. Ill have a look at the bulbs tomorrow but I cant see every single one blowing at once! Ill get the dash out and trace the wires, see if I can see a broken earth or something.