ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electronic Supercharger :O Ebay Content!!

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Came across this on ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....39342&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

An electronic Supercharger which you fit to your Intake and receive a 20% Increase :p

SO i decided to message the bloke and asked;

Dear need4speed-vortex,

Will this fit onto throttle bodies?

It cost me £3k to ITB the clio 172 to 195bhp. So im guessing another 39hp increase @ 20% for £145

;)

Only having a laugh!! But please be honest with me..... Do ppl actually believe this works like the resistor in the airtemp sensor etc?

Very Intregued

Regards

Dear *********,

Hi Craig

Thanks for your email.

Yes, this can attach straight onto the throttle body.

On average, yes people are seeing upto 20% increase over and above standard set up and conventional air box etc.

As you have already heavily modified your clio, Im guessing that you are not running the standard air intake or standard air box.

This being the case, you would not get a further 20% increase, but you would get a measurable increase, together with increased torque under acceleration and a very cool engine and exhaust note.

The resistor in the airtemp sensor does nothing.

Please check out our feedback.

Regards

Need4Speed

- need4speed-vortex

Enough said? I understand what its trying to do by forcing hairdryer power into the intake but really?

Last edited:
  GB 182 FF
lol atleast it looks 'better' than most of the lashup electric chargers.

To give a noticeable increase in performance you need to run the inlet side of a turbo with a suitable motor that can pull nearly 400Amps for a short time, and those system do exist, and cost atleast a grand a piece for production numbers!

Ph1 ITB'd 172
haha, he's only round the corner from me too, I live in Sale!

What a complete load of sh1t though

Also have you seen how many he has sold over the last 6 months... 200 at £145 a pop.

I make that not to far shy of £30,000 hmmm if people really are that retarded I wonder how much he pays for them.

Last edited: