ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant sh!te with mods

don't

Right renewal is coming up 10th of oct

currently with hic, at renewel i will be 20, 2 years no claims

guna add my dad 2 policy and mums m8 if itll bring down prices, both have loads of no claims, cant use me mum as she dont drive :-( women eh

anyway got quote with no mods with elephant, 3rd party fire and theft on me rsi, at £650, which is very gd really

then went back and said i have lowered car and got tints, site then said they wouldnt insure those mods???

bit gay i thought :-( might get more sense off sum1 on phone probably

work mon-fri so ringing companies is a bit of a nightmare, might need 2 take a day off work 2 sort it all out!!

i know hic and elephant both keep phonelines open fairly late but dont think others do really

Think im currently paying 900 ish with hic and thats with 1 years no claims and when i was 19

don't

everyday m8, everyday

getting bit older now with another years no claims so wana make sure i get best deal this time round as im hoping i can sneak in sumwhere nice and cheap

hopefully between £500-700, prob asking quite alot there but im sure i can get close 2 that with some persuasion, hopefully hic will do the simple thing and just do as i say

could go back 2 cis but i may b blacklisted with them by now :-( dont think they were happy when i crashed in 2 my m8s new mg zr when i was 17
:-( oops, nice claim there 4 em

Yeah im with elephant, and i think what you mean is that they will only replace the car to standard spec.

I have declared my exhaust, and need to do my wheels and lowering springs. They will charge me an extra £57 to add them on, but will not replace them if they get stolen or i smash the car up. The extra money is because the car is at higher risk of being stolen, and they assume i suppose that you drive your car differently to people who dont mod their cars.

Its gay if you ask me.

don't

well make me a mod then on the day i renew :)

not a case of them only returning 2 standard, on the site when i said i have mods they wouldnt quote me so gota ring em up

don't

Well rang elephant last night, first time i said i had lowering, alloys and tint film, they said they wouldnt insure me cos of tint film

so rang back and said it was the glass :-( and also lowering and alloys

I added my dad as an extra driver on the policy and then afterwards added my mums m8 whos female, the female with full no claims only brought it down another £15 :-(

total price was £810 for 12 months cover, £150 excess i think so thats quite gd,

thats on 20 yr old, 2.5 yrs driving, 2 crashes in 2002, 1 at fault for!

Renault Clio 1.8 rsi 1995 with alloys, lowering, tinting

don't

well Elephant r trying hard 2 impress me now

Quote is down to £719 which is lowest so far, can prob glad that to hopefully 680-700ish

They also rang my mobile while on my lunch 2 ask what i thought of the quotes id been getting and if theyd been any gd and stuff :)

I wouldnt bother changing from HIC no one could touch their quote for me on mods

Most just said no sorry cant insure you...

Elephant are crap from what i have heard from ppl?

Isnt it best to do fully comp otherwise you will never build up any no claims?

don't

vix u been starting on the alcohol a bit early again girl

u get no claims aslong as the policy is in ur name, which it is, got 2 years now yay!

elephant seem alrite with mods, have declared lowering, alloys and exhaust and so far there best quote at £719 when i added exhaust it didnt put it up at all, although they wouldnt insure window tints

Will wait 2 c what hic can offer me again but they wont quote me until its 2 weeks b4 renewal time :-(

I found that Elephant were good with the standard quotes when u first insure, and ALSO.. they do a special cheaper quote over 10 months, and u still get a full years no claim at the end of it.

But if you then want to modify your car, they sting you for the smallest of things. They wont let u get away with even the smallest of mods without charging u a few quid, where as other Companies will not charge a penny extra for Performance air filters and exhausts etc.

Quote: Originally posted by Essexlad_Dave on 15 September 2004

elephant seem alrite with mods

OK, whats ur secret?? U must have got the new boy in the office that wasnt aware of how much they can stitch u up with mods etc. Good quote!

don't

i did it online m8

just played around with stuff really

adding 2 older females 2 the policy with full no claims brought it down a fair bit, adding my dad put it up :-( stupid anti men ppl eh

anyway so far its down to £719 for 12 months

first i just got quoted with alloys and lowering, then i said exhaust aswel and it didnt put it up for exhaust so cant b all that bad unless system was just bit slow lol

if HIC and flux cant beat em then ill b blagging elephant down 2 under 700 hopefully

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

elephant beat my current valver quote by 200 quid, and thats protected and with my missus on 2

Im sure I did that online quote once with Elephant, and they said its just a guide line to what the actual quote will be? I think mine was a bit more in the end when I finally got covered.

I could be wrong here, but I never get luck on my side with things like this!

Good luck, sounds a bargain.