ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elephant users you need to read this...

A Beautiful R32
Basically I have been an Elephant customer for the past two years. This year though I recieved a quote that was simply way over what everyone else was quoting (over £200).

Anyway, I phoned them this evening because after telling them I was cancelling my policy I recieved a proof of no claims bonus which included the following modifications:

Suspension Lowered (<5cm)
Alloy Wheels (Optional Extra)
Spoiler (Rear)

These were from when I originally got a quote from them two years ago and are what they put on from me telling them I had the cup packs (which I was mistakenly told we had to declare, which we don't as the car came out of the factory with the fittings on as standard). I asked at renewal time last year that these be taken off as they were not modifications - they said, yep, don't worry, they won't cost you anything anyway.

So tonight I've been on the phone to them to try to sort out a new Proof of No Claims which did not include any modifactions. This is the worrying part...

They said basically their underwriters considered the cup packs to be serious modifications, hence the hike in renewal price. They also said that the standard size wheel for a Renaultsport Clio was 15"... and that any other size must therefore be a modification. They would not believe me that the standard alloy wheel size for a 182 was 16"... :rolleyes:

Thankfully I've sorted out an insurer who isn't this bad :)

Maybe you want to consider what will happen if you total your 182 and they start measuring the wheels...

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Jeez, send them a sales brochure for the clio 182 and highlight the wheel sizes. I wouldn't let it drop mate... get it sorted lol

A Beautiful R32
Yes it was... they know I have a 182... I only have 21 days to go with them then I'm off.

Call centre is now in America too, they didn't have a clue what I meant when I was talking about the car... Just goes to show how much they actually know eh?

Da

Less
I was with Elephant 2 years back, currently with Admiral and can't wait to get away from GUI in December and switch to Privilege! :cool:

M2 Competition
Seems to depends on who you speak to...

Im with elephant and fitted a stealth exhaust to my cup ages ago, they didnt class it as a mod as no tail pipe was showing.

Clio 182
i was with admiral then they whacked their renewal quote up, i refused and contacted elephant got a better quote.

When i received my info pack from elephant i recognised their address.

Same as Admiral, same company!

M140i/Orange 182
i was with elephant for 2 years and new exactly what my car was. down to what dumb ass you speak to i guess.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Seems to depends on who you speak to...

Im with elephant and fitted a stealth exhaust to my cup ages ago, they didnt class it as a mod as no tail pipe was showing.

Same for me as well - although I did also tell them the reason it was on there was because the standard Renault one cost 3x as much and didn't have a lifetime warranty.

I also fitted an ITG panel filter and that made no difference either - told them it was to save money at service time.

LY V6 with Recaros
I was with Elephant last year, I renewed my car with them then a few weeks later I got a letter saying 'sorry to lose your business' I rang them up to find out what was going on and someone 'forgot' to renew my policy, even though I got the new certificate in the post. So basically I was driving around without any insurance for 3 weeks without even realising! Don't think I'd use them again!

Renaultsport Clio 182
i've never had a problem with elephant and i've been with them for 4 years now. depends on who you speak to i guess.

Elephant, Admiral & Bell are all part of the same company which is handy come renewal time as one of these 3 usually has the cheapest deal. i've phoned elephant at every renewal saying that i'm leaving to go with a different company and give them a realistic price. They always match or even beat the price i quote on the spot! job done & thanks for your time!