ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Elise 111R

Ad

MK2 FRS
So I sold the Mk2 RS back in Feb in preparation for the house move. http://www.cliosport.net/threads/mk2-frs-2.749865/ I needn't have in the end, but it gave us the flexibility if the need had arisen. It was a great car and I miss it in many ways. They are so much better than some of the reviews on here. Given my annual mileage has remained low, I can have something a little less practical, so stumbled across this on pistonheads and it was too good to turn down.

131962BE-81C4-42AE-91AB-3F4A3B8B5C82.jpg

8F4B2E81-3309-44BA-B3EB-7D64DBA3C623.jpg

5C3AFA82-9EDC-41CD-AEB5-10F0611F78A1.jpg

For those not in the know, it's running the Toyota NA engine with 197bhp. It's pretty tidy with Full Lotus History (10 stamps), just 3 owners from new with 25k on the clock and came with a hardtop which is always a bonus, it has a Lotus Sports exhaust fitted (I am not sure if it has sports cat, need to check).The ride is a little more 'comfortable' than my previous k series 111s, over bumps it is notably better and it just feels tighter (Could be the lower mileage and better maintenance ). No big plans for it, at some stage I will swap the standard Bridgestone rear tyres to match the fronts (AD08s fitted by the supplying dealer before sale), silvervisions and I am contemplating changing the rear diffuser to matt black.

Still using this for my station commute (has not yet let me down!):
IMG_0422.jpg

Oh and a picture of the new pad for @RDH :wink:
ECC17C84-C294-4309-AA70-0ABCC5B99153.jpg

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Excellent stuff. Always a massive Elise fan! Stunning to drive.

Reactions: Ad

Ad

MK2 FRS
What are the seats like? They don't look very comfortable/supportive?

In terms of comfort they are are not too bad. Much better than they look. I can comfortably do a couple of hours, you do need to take your Wallet out if your pocket etc as there is no padding. Support wise you're wedged in so never going far! I'd like the updated ones with harness slots, but they command a few £££.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like nicer seats but they never felt bare thin like they look.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Nice house and well worth the sacrifice I think. Lotus looks lovely and the mini is ace, not really any kind downgrade anywhere, fair play.

An orange one
Lotus looks ace, mini is just classic cool and the house looks tidy too!

Don't think I'd miss the FRS in your situation!