ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions testing (Kwik Fit Mot)

Arctic Blue 182
So whilst chatting to the fella at my local Kwik Fit, whilst he was doing my Mot, I noticed the engine code he selected for the emissions test wasn`t f4r. It was for a clio but after 1.8l all he had was 16v, but the engine code was different.

It failed first time as normal, so I mentioned it to him, he did a bit of searching and said that he couldn`t find the right code, so put it through as an engine with no cat fitted as per the rules and regs for not having the correct engine code in the system.. Is this normal/actually within the rules or has he just done me a massive favour??

Also wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me and if maybe this info will help those struggling to get the car through because garages are using the incorrect engine codes for the test

Arctic Blue 182
I probably shouldn`t have put the 'massive favour' bit in as it always passes after a bit of an Italian tune up. Genuinely interested to know as he did everything else by the book

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Maybe he's not very clued up on the MOT system and didn't want to look stupid so said it wasn't listed? The F4R should be listed as it's fitted to a fair few Renault's but as long as you got a pass and walked away happy - thats all that matters for another year! :)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
He might have put in F7P or F7R, maybe the latter being 2L? Not finding it on the system and putting the next derivative of model to get that part of the test done.

Arctic Blue 182
He might have put in F7P or F7R, maybe the latter being 2L? Not finding it on the system and putting the next derivative of model to get that part of the test done.

It may have been f7R he originally selected. When i pointed it out we went through the system together and couldnt find a Clio with an engine code f4r. He said it was quite common to not find the right engine code (more often than you would think; were his words) and procedure/rules were to do a non cat test. Just thought it may be handy trick/pointer for those who struggle with emissions. I know for sure i will be trying it again next year

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It may have been f7R he originally selected. When i pointed it out we went through the system together and couldnt find a Clio with an engine code f4r. He said it was quite common to not find the right engine code (more often than you would think; were his words) and procedure/rules were to do a non cat test. Just thought it may be handy trick/pointer for those who struggle with emissions. I know for sure i will be trying it again next year
It rings bells as I'm sure it happened to me years ago when setting up for the emissions.