ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions Warning Light in Traffic

Clio Sport 182
Hi Guys,

I have seen the other posts on here regarding the emissions warning light but I wanted to see what the most common cause of this was.

I picked up a 90k 182 (All usual checks done, belts done etc.. Minter actually!) on Saturday, drove superbly and averaged 44mpg over 80 miles or so, and still seems to be getting good mpg, but this morning I was waiting in Harrogate at a railway crossing and my emissions light flickered a few times then stuck on - I then turned the car off and on again and it was fine?

Is the Lambda sensor the usual culprit for this? The cars under warranty so I want to make sure I'm not missing a trick before the garage tries to bodge it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Found you by searching for Harrogate posts and thought id chip in! I had the emissions light coming on, then with a good run of 30+miles would go off again. Didn't have any running issues either. Got it plugged into a diagnostic machine and it was the cat's lambda sensor. Although it was on the original cat at about 75k miles. Before I could get a new one fitted to match my shiny new catback i got rid of the clio so i cant say if a new sensor or cat would fix it!

Clio Sport 182
Found you by searching for Harrogate posts and thought id chip in! I had the emissions light coming on, then with a good run of 30+miles would go off again. Didn't have any running issues either. Got it plugged into a diagnostic machine and it was the cat's lambda sensor. Although it was on the original cat at about 75k miles. Before I could get a new one fitted to match my shiny new catback i got rid of the clio so i cant say if a new sensor or cat would fix it!

Small world, where abouts in Harrogate are you from? You're probably the chap up the road from me haha!

Sounds reasonable - I'm going to pop it to the garage at the weekend and see if I can get a reading. Warranty will do the rest I hope!

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Small world, where abouts in Harrogate are you from? You're probably the chap up the road from me haha!

Sounds reasonable - I'm going to pop it to the garage at the weekend and see if I can get a reading. Warranty will do the rest I hope!

From Bilton. Can't say I've seen any arctic clios nearby but then again I havnt been driving for 6 months. Definitely seen a few around town though.

Clio Sport 182
From Bilton. Can't say I've seen any arctic clios nearby but then again I havnt been driving for 6 months. Definitely seen a few around town though.

Ahh nice one! I'm in Knaresborough through the week, I'll an eye out :)