ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay heat shielding

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
My engine is currently out of my 172 and while it’s out I’m cracking on with a hell of a lot of stuff!

But one thing I want to do is get rid of the naff sound deadening and heat shielding on the bulkhead

I’ve seen the stainless stuff that looks like thin chequer plate but can’t find any reasonably priced and not sure what others have used.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I used Funk Motorsports Gold film.

fbcg.JPG

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You don’t half like it!

There’s about £600 in gold tape there[emoji102][emoji6][emoji23]

They didn't have the smaller roll in stock so sent me the biggest roll they do... I did the entire bulkhead. I've always wanted a McLaren F1.

406 V6, Race Buggy
The zircotech/nimbus stuff is quite pricey - the expanded aluminium/ceramic stuff.

Best bet is just to nip to a scrapyard and rip it off the underside of anything newish - most modern cars have metres of the stuff underneath, they're covered in it, and the scrapyards usually just throw it ?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The zircotech/nimbus stuff is quite pricey - the expanded aluminium/ceramic stuff.

Best bet is just to nip to a scrapyard and rip it off the underside of anything newish - most modern cars have metres of the stuff underneath, they're covered in it, and the scrapyards usually just throw it [emoji53]

I like your thinking!![emoji23] May give that a go as I want to have a look around for some Megane 16” steel wheels