ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine build about to start any ideas on what tuning mods that I should consider.

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
Hi all I now have my engine stripped back to a bare block and so far as is in the bottom end all looks to be in good condition I was planning on replacing all the bottom end bearings and rings and hone the bores possibly new small end and big end bolts I was going to just clean up the engine replace the bent inlet valves fit new water pump and head gasket, cam belt set de phaser pulley. On rebuild I plan to make bracket remove the air con system. I was going to source a 182 manifold to fit when refitting the engine is there any other mods I should consider for the lump while its out of the car So far I only have 400 in the car so there is a few quid to play with but I dont want to go to mad but I do want to run the car on the track any advice greatfully received.
Thanks mike.

53 Clio's & counting
I would invest in a set of better con rod bolts (ARP) as these are the usual culprits to break first, apart from that getting everything blueprinted would get the best out of the engine. Cams would be good, but then you need a good map/aftermarket management so it depends how far you wish to go!

A5 Cab,MCS, GTC Sri
Thanks for the ideas guys l am deffo going for some arp bolts and I will have a look at some cams any ideas what make are the best to go for is there a particular type that people on here favour over others. I am not chasing big power I guess I am just looking for an engine I can give a bit of stick on the track too and have a little more than standard power.
Once again cheers for the advice guys.