ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine conversion

Clio Mk1
right just getting a list of parts i will need for my clio!

atm ive got a clio 1.2 mk1 and i want to put the 1.8 valver engine in few things i would like to know

could i make my clio power steering if so what would i need?

brakes of course i need to change these but will the valver front and rear brakes fit??

what engine parts off the valver would i need??

dash??? clock???

thanks for any help!!!

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
i dont know alot, but im guessing its going to be alot more hassle than its worth.

when you change an engine you usually need to change the gearbox at least..
you can upgrade the brakes i think.

like i say i know not lots... but better than no replys i guess!

BMW 330D
Id make sure you get everything from the donor car etc.
All wiring, all engine bay coolant bottles etc. Not sure about the mk1's
But id recommend you get everything you can tbh!

atm ive got a clio 1.2 mk1 and i want to put the 1.8 valver engine in few things i would like to know

could i make my clio power steering if so what would i need?

brakes of course i need to change these but will the valver front and rear brakes fit??

what engine parts off the valver would i need??

dash??? clock???
If you'd done a serach most of this would be revieled.

Best get a whole doner car someone selling a car with a failed engine buy that its simpler.

Yep you need to wire up the PAS or else remove the Pump from the valver AUX belt or else you'll have the PAS on fire You just need a PAS rack on your can and the pipe to match up to the pump on the valver or the valver pipes and rack.

No need to chnage the brakes at the back stock are fine I'd prefere stok personally less problems. For the front just chnage the hubs after all your usng valver suspension I take it so you'll need to so hubs caliper and calipers.

Need the whole engine forward realy

Loom
Rad
Shafst and gearbox would be handy
Hubs and suspension and brakes are a good idea
Fuel pump
ECU
dial (there the oil temp etc in the cabin so ideal you'd want them as there nice to have so internal loom.

S2000
pretty much what edde said, though check your hub bolt spacing - if it's 54mm you can re-use the ones you've already got. They are to be found on 1.2's sometimes.