ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine conversion

Frp'd Fiesta
i have found a shell which i am interested in however the engine is fúcked. if i were to do an engine swap how hard would it be? its a ph2 172. i would probably just fit another 172 lump in.
where is good to go for fitting?

cheers
Paget

yeah, but with a clio its easier to lift out the top....literally put new engine in, plug looms in and re-plumb it up......good to go

Frp'd Fiesta
sweet as a nut mate cheers for that.
anywhere good to get engines other than ebay?

what will i need engine, loom, box and ecu?

you just need the engine unless the gearbox is nackered...

ECU can be left, as can be loom, and gearbox.....just swap it onto new engine

Frp'd Fiesta
so all ecu's are the same on ph2 clio 172's? the engine in my fiesta can have three different ones :eek: tape, muff and dive :rasp:.

i want to also find a cup engine, so that it doesnt have air con etc?

cheers
Paget

if the car had air con originally you may have issues with some of the plumbing and the heater controls....but ive got no idea about that really

you're basically just swapping the bare engine, and refitting everything that was already there....so it will work just as it would have done originally

lift number 1 @ btm
if it is any use to you, i will soon be selling a 172 engine, it was rebuilt about 5k ago and has arp rod bolts and a ported head with awt inlets.

it will be at freds workshop near birmingham, so he could do the swap if you didn't want to.