ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine convertion

bmw e36 m3
hi guys another question how easy/hard is it to swap a clio engine over ? im currently driving a 1.2 2007 new ish shape around in black with steel wheels on , its a daily driver from work was given to me as it was a cat d but all repaired up now,

now as it is a cat d i cant see the old man selling it on , and as i now drive it im thinking a 172 182 engine converstion ? any ideas on how much work? and how much in the pocket this is going to cost me ?

DB.

BMW 440i
I imagine youd still be better selling it and getting a 197 when you look at the cost of alloys, brakes etc as well as the engine conversion

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

LOL, bring it down alot ;)

Your talking in the region of about £1500, thats to keep the 1.2 running gear and just fit a normal 172 engine in, you will lose PAS/ABS/Aircon, but you will benefit because of the weight.

Iv just done it and i kno how much its costed to do, did all the work myself tho and im not a mechanic, just didnt want to pay ££££ for someone else to do

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Do it yourself for under half of that i would assume. My 2.0 turbo conversion on my astra cost me around 2k all in.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Your talking in the region of about £1500, thats to keep the 1.2 running gear and just fit a normal 172 engine in, you will lose PAS/ABS/Aircon, but you will benefit because of the weight.

Iv just done it and i kno how much its costed to do, did all the work myself tho and im not a mechanic, just didnt want to pay ££££ for someone else to do

Not if the OP car is a MK3.

bmw e36 m3
hmm ok im interested as the old man ownes a large bodyshop in beckenham , then again id love to sell it and get a proper 172/182

bmw e36 m3
i much preffer the triangle headlamp/ rear lamp model to be honest the interior feels much nicer holds you in better and so on

Clio 1970000000

Sounds dangerous to me. You are going to be putting in a powerful engine without upgrading the brakes and suspension!!! A clio 172/182/197 is much more than a standard car with a bigger engine. Why don't you put the money towards buying a proper 172/182/197?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds dangerous to me. You are going to be putting in a powerful engine without upgrading the brakes and suspension!!! A clio 172/182/197 is much more than a standard car with a bigger engine. Why don't you put the money towards buying a proper 172/182/197?

standard brakes arnt that bad.

suspension again isnt to bad set of 2nd hand springs from a 172/182 and it would be fine untill you get around to doing the suspension properly

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

Dangerous how? i allready have £650+ coilovers on the car and bigger brakes, so i dont see whats dangerous tbh, and i did this because it was my choice, dont drink/smoke etc so i had the money to do it.

Cro

Meg'd r27
If its a mk3 does the 225 engine not fit? Thats what I'd be going for or at least the 197