ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine crane

I recently decided to take the engine out of the 182 to properly examine the clutch (all covered in my clutch damage thread), and looking at engine crane hire prices it made sense to buy one, as I'll want to take my time cleaning the engine etc.

I got an SGS 1 Tonne crane and engine leveller for just under £200 delivered.
Very impressed with the heavyweight build quality, but also very easy to use.
Single handedly fished the engine and gearbox out, the leveller is an absolute must as you can tilt the load so easily and accurately.

Anyway if anyone's looking to buy a crane you could do a lot worse.
There are slightly cheaper e-bay options, until you add delivery!

20201003_111708_resized.jpg

20201003_175922_resized.jpg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Fair play to you taking the lump out with the bumper/slam panel still on.

I find it much easier to disconnect everything and remove the rad to take the engine out.

I did end up taking the rad out, mainly to avoid smashing into it, but then there seemed to be enough room without going any further.
Just looking at the photo again I obviously forgot to take the extinguisher pipe and nozzles off, again to avoid smacking them. Maybe I should do that before putting it back!