ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine knocking noise

Been hovering around the site for a while and thought it was about time posted something. The knocking noise from somewhere in the engine bay(I believe it's something to do with the engine mounting bolts?) of my 182 hasn't stopped by itself(amazingly the rattle from the passenger door did - perhaps whatever was causing it fell off !!) so I've booked it in for next week. Just wondering if any of you have had any probs regarding the warranty and renault trying to riggle out of it?
Hello to you all by the way.

M140i/Orange 182
welcome :) the noise is most proberly the engine mounts,(known 182 problem) iam no engine tech though!

only hear mine slightly when pulling off in first gear though.

Cheers guys - didn't think it was a major problem but might as well get it sorted if covered by the warranty.
It's the only problem so far in 8 months so I seem to have got off lightly compared to some - oops prob shouldn't have said that!! To be honest having a owned a French car(saxo vts)before I was expecting more.
Loving the 182 though.