ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine light after colombo&bariani camshafts

Mazda Mx-3
Hi to all
My car is a 2005 182 ff clio and it has 13000k on the clock, with decat+supersprint exhaust+superchips(before the cams)+itg panel filter. I live in Bursa/Turkey.

We have fitted colombo and bariani (286°/280°) camshafts last week. I have driven the car without
any problem for 300 miles. Today suddenly the engine light appeared while i was cruising on the motorway. The car goes well, no performance issues. They ran a diagnostic clip at renault and said that the car has faulty ignition time due to my new cams, and they can't read the cam values they normaly get with clip (no data). They said there is nothing to do, only aftermarket ecu programming can solve it. I have called the superchips dealer (who is 250 miles away from my home) and he said that updating the superchips software will not solve the problem. He considered that there may be a measurement error during the installation of the cams. I called the renault mecanic who has fitted the cams (he is also 250 miles away, i live in the desert!) he said ecu programming can solve it. ??? I am confused and dont know what to do. I'm gonna run the diagnostic CLiP again in another renault dealer. What should i look for, how can i find out if it is a faulty cam sensor or installation or what so ever? please help.... Thanks

Probably the decat has triggered the emmsions light matey nout to worry about just take the second lambda out and plug it with a large bolt or something

Mazda Mx-3
the car is decated since 2006 and the second lambda is fooled, it never caused any problem. This is new and happened just after the cam change

Mazda Mx-3
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?u=7197Fred, renault tools are used when fitting the cams. Job was done in renault servise and a very experienced renault mechanic who has previously fitted colombos to the clio of en035 worked on the car. The problem is renault garages in my city are not experienced and i live far away from any qualified
person to consult. How can i or mechanics here can check if timing is %100 perfect?

Lionel Richie
plug the car into the computer and tell me what the inlet manifold pressure reading is with the engine at idle

Lionel Richie
i think its around 350mbar (i might be way off) i had a car that was reading something like 500mbar, engine timing was a wee tad out, retimed it was back to within spec

Mazda Mx-3
I have taken my car to another renault today. After the diagnostic the guy said that it was an error caused by the 2. lambda sensor. The reading was fixed at 409 at idle. He resetted and the reading came to normal between 50-60 at idle, and the engine light disappeared. The abnormalities were, first lambda was reading high like 700 and the idle richness correction value was 30 and that should be 128. Valve timing was changing betweeen 4 and 19. And the inlet manifold pressure was 505 at idle but it went to normal as the revs increased. They related these abnormal readings to my new cams. Colombos are sucking to much air to the inlet manifold and rising the pressure and that causes the insufficient combustion and the car idles at a very rich mixture so we get these results. They said that this is normal for these cams and the engine light appered because of decat or poor fuel. Also they added that updating the aftermarket software and using high octan fuel could help. I have driven 100 miles now and the light didnt reappear. But i expect the light to came back soon and the 500 mbar of manifold pressure caused anxiety :) any opinions?

RS RIP
You are running dangerously lean i think... contact Henk Fastchip , maybe order his RStuner kit so he can send you another mapping ?

** when reading again it sounds like the cams were'nt installed correctly ?? with the timing being incorrect ? **

2005 Nissan Navara
Fred, the uprated cams will affect inlet pressure considerably at idle, so a comparison to std Mbar for std cams and std timing is irrelavent...

LY 182
i was thinking as well, i personally would have thought the renault tools would be scrapped for fitting uprated cams?
i'd personally find tdc myself then set the cams to spec with a dti?

Mazda Mx-3
Fastchip, so is it normal for me to have this manifold pressure?
I guess you have icreased the idle revs a bit on Alper's car so does it mean that by comparison if we icrease the idle revs and remap with RStuner we will have results like alper?
So shall we..

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
^^
Alper's with the C & B = 430 mBar @ 975 rpm

Hi Henk,

I think the fluctuation is so normal as you mentioned. So as to supply enough air required by the new cams, the ports on my car have already been matched before the installation. The problem that he experiences is I think is ECU related. F*** by wire messes up everything.

Best.

2005 Nissan Navara
its a problem every ecu running speed-density faces when you alter cam duration&overlap.