ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine light for decat on 182......

clio 197 cup
hi all...........if i fit a decat pipe to my 182 will the engine managment light come on as the pipe has a sensor in it??not sure if there is a sensor before and after the cat either.:S
also not sure if it is a temp sensor or emmitions sensor?

anyone fitted one and can help?:)

Last edited:
It does on some, not on others.

If you leave the sensor in but wrap it up it, the light generally doesn't come on.

a thirsty one
on the yozza decat i fitted it and put the sensors back in (there are 2 one before and one after) im not sure if all decat systems have the thread to put the second one back in, had it on for 6 months now and no light yet but there doesnt seem to be rules on if or when.

Da

Less
I thought yozza's were somewhat guaranteed not to bring the light on? Either way it's a 50/50 gamble with any decat.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
iv had my janspeed decat on for two months now with no light mine is a 172 cup tho, still got the two sensors tho and both are plugged in :) happy days

a thirsty one
i bought a code reader for 10quid which i can use to turn the light off if/when it does come on.
BUT
if it comes on and i then use the obd to reset it it may take months to come back on or 30 seconds. who knows.

clio 197 cup
i bought a code reader for 10quid which i can use to turn the light off if/when it does come on.
BUT
if it comes on and i then use the obd to reset it it may take months to come back on or 30 seconds. who knows.

yeah but what if something else is wrong and you reset the light......:eek: