ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light 2004 182 FF

M3 SMG
Hi guys,

I'm new on here and have a strange reccuring problem with my 182.

Occasionally and in almost no pattern I can see. I get an eml flash up and stay for approx. 2days. Whilst the light is on car runs and drives as normal with no Ill effects being noticed. Even fuel consumption seems normal.

Car had a new o2 sensor week before I got it. The only trend I can see is it is always the colder mornings this will happen. But not every morning!

Any ideas chaps?

Nissan 350z
Without getting it hooked up to a diagnostic reader to check for error codes while the error message is present you wont really know whats causing it. Could be lots of different things.

M3 SMG
Ok mines not that bad! I agree getting it hooked up will be the best way but you have to book the car in which will mean waiting a couple of days by which time the lights gone out and all I have to show them is a perfectly healthy running 182

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
If you had a RSTuner you could plug it in yourself and read the codes there and then. Or get in contact with someone in your area who has one that could pop around.

Most garages even indipendant ones will be able to hook your car up to read the fault codes.