ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine management light clio 182!

L

L99BAX

bloody thing is driving me crazy people! please help! I've searched the posts for similar problems but nothing has helped me so far.

basically my exhaust went so i had the whole system replaced with a janspeed stainless steal system inc. sports cat and since then the engine management light has been coming on and off. exhaust was fitted by renault and since then they have tried many diagnostics and the computer says theres nothing wrong!! they tried moving sensors around the exhaust in case it was an emissions problem- no joy. i think they tried something to do with a break sensor switch- no joy. it has never effected the cars performance or anything but id really like to get it sorted if any1 can help???? as i do really cherish my lil baby :D

thanx people!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Hi mate, so is the engine management light on but there is no loss in performance and it sounds perfectly fine? If so, i have the same problem at the mo with my 1.2. Is yours safe to drive as its only down to a sensor?

L

L99BAX

hello mate, yeah it comes on for a couple of days then goes of for a few weeks lol. I had a sensor changed and moved but it didnt work, its been going on for about 5000 miles and i do a 120 mile journey twice a week and never had any performance or fuel consumption problems. i had it on and off the diagnostics for about a month with renault and they just cant find anything wrong :( but thats not to say there isnt anything wrong with yours. best bet for you is to do the same just incase, a diagnostics at renault is only 50/60 pounds so worth it for a piece of mind. I think for me it may be a case of living with it so i wouldnt worry about it too much pal.

F56 MINI Cooper S
yeh mate, going to ring around tomorrow see when i can get it booked in, earliest renault can get it in is wednesday, hopefully it will be just something like a sensor. By the sounds of things yours may just be abit hit and miss why it keeps coming on, surley theres nothin wrong if you've driven so far without any problems. Thanks mate.