ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Light Flashing on RS197

RB Clio 197
Hi Guys,

Fairly new here, but have been meaning to ask. I Have owned my RS197 for about a month or so now, and about 3 or 4 times while driving, the EML has started flashing, only for about a minute or 2 and then goes for another couple of hundred miles.
Car had a full MOT and Service about a month ago when I bought it and no mods in the engine bay.
Note: I also only get 24.2 MPG on it, no matter how economic I drive (not sure if related)

Cheers!

2001 Clio 172
Yeorge,

The engine management light indicates a fault has been logged by the management system. You need someone competent to plug your vehicle into a diagnostic tool and look at the nature and history of faults. It may well be something simple and emmisions related.

Check if anyone local to you on the forum has the equipment?

​Owen

FF Clio 182
Flashing EML usually means whatever is happening is damaging the CAT. Try replacing the Pre Cat Lambda sensor.

2007 clio dynamique
The first thing I would do is borrow/buy a code reader, it should give you a pretty good idea as to what the problem is, I bought one for around £15 and it's come in handy so many times for things like this