ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light on after using tecso 99 ron

Clio 182 with cup kits
Last month I had K-tec fit one of their ultimate sports cat and exhaust systems. At the time of fitting (probably because it was disturbed) the lambda sensor needed replacement. They had a second hand one and light went out. All good until today. Don't know if this is a coinsidence but after I put in Tesco 99 ron (which I never have before), I usually use shell V power, My engine management light coma on. Has anyone else had this? Now the light is on, will it goout once I change the fuel or do I have to have it reset?

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
sounds like it could be the lambda again
get someone with an rs tuner to plug it in and check it for you

Clio 182 with cup kits
The fuel shouldn't have casued that to happen.

well.. yeah that's what I thought but doing a search on here i found a couple of people saying that it occured after using it. I've never used Tesco fuel before and now it's come on? Will the light just go off on it's own? I disconnected the battery for 20 about an hour. switched on the ignition without starting the engine and the light was still on.:dapprove:

Megane 230 F1
I've been using Tesco 99 for last last 6-months and seen no problems.

- Additionally, I replaced my lambda last month and the MOT emissions came off perfect, plus the car seems to idle/rev smoother.

Clio 182 with cup kits
I've been using Tesco 99 for last last 6-months and seen no problems.

- Additionally, I replaced my lambda last month and the MOT emissions came off perfect, plus the car seems to idle/rev smoother.

This is the sensor before the cat? yes?
Thanks mate

BMW 323i Coupe
Get a diagnostic test done at a local electronics garage, it could be something small like one of the pedals has come loose?

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Depends how old the second hand sensor was?? Its probably gone. Petrol shouldn't cause the light to come on.