ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine managment warning light

Im at work so dont have my manual with me. Warning light came on today think it was the engine management light, any idea what can cause it to come on????? probably one for renault.

Hi Ben its the Exhaust Gas Fault warning light, must be coz I removed my cats. Talking of cats, and are chat the other day, spoke to my mechanic he said he found 2 cats in the pipe above the silencer and baffles in the "plenums" which he removed, does that sound right??

ive not taken any cats out of the system before and there are no plenhams, but i assum he is talking about the small silencer shape bits.

There should be no problem unless (and i cant remember) there are lambda sensors after the cats position.

I can check but i am so lazy.............

Sounds about right, the pipe above the silencer goes into to bulbus things!!!! they have sensors on, the baffles have been removed from both. I guess this is why the warning light has come on? Have been driving all day built up a bit of heat, maybe thats the reason.