ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mods to a 1.2 16v

I have a 02 1.2 16v in Black. can anyone give me some advice on getting more power from it. Apart from changing the engine or the car, i want to reach about 100bhp, only a jump of 25!! is it possible??

+ what alloys does Fred2001 have on his?

thanks in advance

Well, i say 100bhp, i only want better acceleration up to 80mph really. If i can get the 0-60 down to about 8 secs and some good torque i would be chuffed. Ive emaild K-tech, no replay yet. thanks tho.

I would start by getting a K-Tec exhaust and K-tec relocation kit....... then give http://www.chip-tuning.co.ukwww.chip-tuning.co.uk a call and get them to remap ya ECU..... Then you will also find out how much BHP you have.... Then there is a few options but cost.... you have NOS, supercharger, turbo charger or throttle bodies.... Going to be hard getting anything but NOS for a 1.2 though...

You should have spent the £300 and got the 1.4 engine with 100 ish brake! I am only saying, why did you go for the 1.2 if you want 100 bhp?

Ive had the car a year, and at the time money was tight and the FREE insurance came in really handy, so the 1.2 was the only option.

Thanks for all the advice, i may just buy a new car!

Im sure you could get free insurance for the 1.4 now cant you?

1.2s are easier to sell btw, but if you get a P/X it wont matter i guess.

Well we all brought a 1.2 for a our own reasons and its not because of the shear BHP then produce or the nice tappet noise. But my next car is going to be the one I kill myself in!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yeah thats true i bought it because i wanted to be diffrent

and because it had free insurance (saving me £2500)

as for mods just get induction and exhaust gives you loads of power for the money

cat back k-tec is best

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

ascar exhaust with one off decat pipe-3"bore with a pipercross carbon viper kit !

30bhp dont belive me try me

Lionel Richie

I dont believe you!!!!! 3inch bore is far to big, sod all back pressure surely???? 30bhp??? show me the evidence and if you have 30bhp up on std ill give you £20!!!!!!

OH silly Billy Hilly!!

Ive got all those mods you have said on my 1.2 16v Clio. De-cat, Cat back system with 2x 2.5 tail pipe and a Viper carbon induction kit, and there is not a hope in hell it gives you 30bhp!!

Have you been drinking??:p

Hang on, 25 bhp out of a 1.2.............thats not going to get you going much quicker anyway!

De-cat etc etc nice sounds and a bit more go. But only a bit, just save ya money and get something quicker.

My 172 now seems like it could do with more power, belive me the amount of money you will spend to get to 60 in 8 secs will be crazy!

Its probably cheaper to insure a modified 1.2 than have a bigger engined car. Also modifying suits peoples budgets, little amounts whenever they can afford it.

Admittedly though your wasting your time if you want to have a quick 1.2, though theres no reason why you couldnt have one which is quick at stopping and going round corners. If i modify my 1.2 i will be leaving the engine well alone.

Fair point RobFenn, it does suit people to have a gradual upgrade. and prob cheaper, not sure though?

I fully support anyone who wants to make there motor a little different, make it sound nice etc everyone whos slightly enthusiastic about cars will go in this direction.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

johnboy is your exhaust made by asca nooo so try again mate--i didnt mention the nitrous its got either total nearly at 200bhp new rolling rd soon

would be interesting to see a 1.2 with NOS

i have already hit the limiter in my 1.2 in 5th and it topped out at an indicated 127mph, with NOS it will not be any quicker but will get there in less time

not sure that the running gear and box will be able to take 200bhp either

H22A7 Accord Type R

im scared to hit my limiter!!! its off to reno tonight for a few days to fix the sump oil leak AGAIN!!!! damn motor cant take a little bit of enthusiastic driving............shuda bought a vtr!! lol

**touch wood**

nothing mechanical seems to have gone wrong as yet, though i do expect the time will come, and i only have 72.2 bhp @ tw, with 200bhp @ fw (i assume) it will not be a case of if but more a case of when