ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount advice

Got a small problem with my 172 Cup - If I give it a boot full in low gears there's a really loud metal banging noise - I assume from what I've read its the exhaust hitting stuff due to knackered engine mounts

Seems to come from the left hand side

I've tried pushing the engine while it's parked up and it moves at least an inch on the drivers side - not good

I wanna get some good engine mounts - I really don't mind about vibration in the car - so what do people recommend

Are the KTR mounts plus a powerflex lower gearbox mount set recommended?

Whatever people have tried and tested - would be great :)
Ta

53 Clio's & counting
iv got the k-tec grp n ones with a dogbone mount im testing (report up soon) and its fantastic mate

Also check the stud running through the gearbox mount, as mine has come loose many times causing the knocking from the left like yours

Clio 182
I've got the same issue on my 182, i can move the engine on the mount with my fingers! which made me think to change them as I have knocking when openning the taps in 1st & 2nd, Was looking at Grp N mounts with Powerflex bush replacement in the Dog bone.

I'm not too sure about changing these myself thourgh, but due a full belt service in 2k so will get it done then as presume they need to lift engine off the driverside mount to get the new belt in.

I'd be interested to know the improvements though?

330i. E30 Touring.
Changing engine mounts is a doddle.

As Russ said, check the upper gearbox mount.

Mine had also come loose a couple of times. Tightened it up again, and it was fine!

Which stud is it? Top gearbox mount or bottom?

I'll have a look at them at the weekend

Just ordered a powerflex lower mount - hoping that will stop the knocking for now - then i'll get the KTR top ones on pay day

if it's the lower nut that's loose (on the upper gearbox mount), threadlock it on and/or use a new nylock nut

Titanium 182
I had this on mine, it's in my project thread somewhere if you want the part number for what I got. Basically I used a diesel kangoo engine mount. Straight fit just the rubber is more robust that the RS ones apparently. If you look in my project thread it has the part no. and the price.