ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mount broke

Was driving to work this monrnin, had previosuly been doing 100+, but slowed down as came of the dual carriage way, it started makin a ery loud knockin noise as i was turning left (i think) i stopped at some lights and as i went to pull off i couldnt get it into first gear. Pulled off in secind and there was a funny knocking noise. Something then started scapping along the floor at any variation in the road, then all the power cut out. No battery power at all, lights etc etc all off. Looked at the engine and it looks as though it has moved backwards in towards the car. The exhaust had touched the starter feed and melted through it, thats why i had no power. I sorted that and drove very slowly the other 1/2 mile to work with it clunking and scraping on anything..

Its a GTT lump in an RT, the carb has moved right back towards the fire wall/bulkhead, by aboiut an inch, and also the engine seems to have moved down as the gear box can now been seen hanging lower than the subframe.

WTF is it now? lol. I was thinking an engine mount or something? I have just had the subframe replaced so the engine was out for that.

Cheers Paul

not sure what mounts they used when they put the engine back in.

THey say bad luck comes in 3s so i hope thats my run of three.

1-wheels coming damaged and delayed for how ever many weeks

2-zaust getting mashed at the garage

3- THIS! lol

sounds like the lateral movement mount, not sure in your case if its the same as the clio......

havea peek under the car.

Did the dashboard vibrate vigerously!? On mine theres two mounts on the engine side, and one on the gearbox side. If its just the Bold and rubber bush it should cost around £120-150 to get all three done. If its actually the metal arm then it will be much more. You can only buy these parts from renault and are £40 Per mount(bolt and rubber, more for arm) but thats for a stupid 16v. Its probably 30% of the 16v price, thats how renault work it out! ;)