ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine mounts

clio rsi
Just bought a Mk1 CLio RSI but the engine mounts need doing? how much do you think a garage should charge to do them?

172 cup'd extreme
which ones need doing all of them are not hard all you need is a jack and a few hand tools

clio rsi
16v_jon said:
which ones need doing all of them are not hard all you need is a jack and a few hand tools

im not sure what ones need doing, how do i tell? the engine rocks really bad though and so does the gearstick move quiet a bit when i put on and come off the gas

is it easy for a complete amateur to fix? bare in mind the most i have ever done mechanically is put a backbox on and do an oil change

clio rsi
ok cool, it does move alot lol, like almost an inch id say, also uc an feel the engine moving..is theer a guide anywhere on how to do it?

Williams2,Willy rall
BaggedE30,
I can recommend a mod here.I have rallied a Williams engined Clio for the last 5/6 years.I got an engineering workshop,to remove the old rubber type bush,in the "dogbone" mount.Replace it with one of nylon,with a steel insert ~~ definitely stops a lot of the gearbox rocking.It cost me about £10 ~~ cheaper than a new one.If you are want one doing,and are struggling to get it done,send me the mount and I will sort it for you.