ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine mounts !!!!!!

recaro'd 172 & trophy
jus took delivery the other day of my new k tec vibratechnics engine mounts the one on the engine near timing belt went on know problems but the other one under the battery it wont come out any ideas??? i have took all the bolts out the tray thing it sits in and the three on mount its self but it just wont come out it wobbles but seems to be tight in the middle where the bolt comes through. have i missed a bolt underneath or something???

Hit the centre stud with a hammer.

attachment.php

recaro'd 172 & trophy
wat so where it is now just hit the centre stud wit hammer?? and i take it the centre stud stays attached to gear box?:approve:

Yes. The splined area on the stud in the pic sticks to the mount, if you hit it with a hammer there is enough movement for it to work loose.

You can also get to the nut at the bottom of the stud but it is very poor access, if you undo this one the stud will come out with the mount.

it's because the bolt and the mount pass through the battery tray - the mount will be trapped in the tray - just need to disturb it and lift it off (try rocking the engine about if the hammer thing doesn't work)

ed. that's an alternative reason^ i'd not thought about

recaro'd 172 & trophy
will do mate try and get it sorted by tomorrow night and il let ya know i can tell ya now the engine one is solid comared to the renault one i took off. i say the difference is like it is between a sixteen year old nice and tight to a granny loose and all over the shop. lol