ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine mounts

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i am looking at going for new mounts,

are the K-tec uprated ones that much better for the extra £££ or is there not that much in it?

i am guessing its K-tec or standard

The K-tec uprated ones are far greater in my opinion, but they do give a bit of vibration at idle. Once moving its fine and the feel of a tight engine is brilliant! Make the car feel faster plus they will probably last longer also!

not sure where you're based but i've got the Vibratechnics ones in mine if you'd like to try them out first (just ping me a PM; i'm in Yate/ish)

i did swap them for relatively new OE mounts and didn't notice a massive difference TBH (already had poly dogbone bushes) but they're going to be much better than worn OE mounts

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I think mine need doing but I just hate spending money on the Clio now but think I may aswell go KTR Mounts as the Clio is staying with me for a while yet.

172 Race Car
Worth the money imo Neil, I was very impressed with the set I Fitted to Quades car. Very well made.

As said the Ktec ones are made by Vibratechnics.

They do give a slight vibration at idle.

When my stock ones are shagged the ktec ones will be the only choice for me

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Go for Std Neil, the uprated ones are horrible!!! I had them for about 3wks and reverted to oem ones! Rattled the death out the car.

RS Clio Trophy
Havent got them for the clio yet but i replaced my 106 GTI with Group N ones and it was the best money i ever spent! like people have said you get a little vibration on tickover but as soon as you move it goes. less movement on the engine mounts result in quicker and smoother gear changes (which make a big difference to quarter mile times) but just make for a better drive anyway with the car feeling newer and tighter give Skip Brown a ring on 01829 720492, they really go out of their way to give you advice and very good prices

Anyone know why the group n are different to standard?

Doesnt look that uprated to me. Not 900 quids worth anyway. Id want solid alloy subframe mounts for 900 quid.

Clio 172, Honda Fireblade
Im thinking about ordering the KTEC uprated mounts, but just noticed that the top engine mount is only £90 compared to £75 for the OE, but the upper gearbox is £96 compared to just £17 for OE.

Im pretty keen to save 70 or 80 quid by getting the KTEC engine mount, but just going for the OE gearbox mount, but do you think that would cause significantly quicker wear to either. Or any other problems?

(Will go for the poly dog bone bushes as well)

Thanks for any advice

Can get the standard mounts from EuroCarParts even cheaper, just been there and priced them up.

upper engine mount 49.95 +vat
upper gearbox mount £12 +vat
Not sure on the lower gearbox mount.

I've been considering the uprated mounts from k-tec though but I've still not justified paying near £200 for them (including the uprated dogbone mounts). I've not long replaced the upper engine mount and it's gone again just after 2k miles although it was a 2nd hand one that had covered 19k miles so it may been getting to the end of it's life before I fitted it.

Clio 172, Honda Fireblade
Hmmm. Well that makes me think maybe it is worth paying the extra for the KTEC ones if yours went again quite quickly. I'd certainly pay the extra £30 for the engine mount, its justifying spending the extra £80 on the upper gearbox which is getting me! (Other things need doing on the cars as well)

Hmmm. Well that makes me think maybe it is worth paying the extra for the KTEC ones if yours went again quite quickly. I'd certainly pay the extra £30 for the engine mount, its justifying spending the extra £80 on the upper gearbox which is getting me! (Other things need doing on the cars as well)

All depends on how long you plan on keeping the car really. If you plan on keeping it for x amount of years then it'll work out cheaper in the long run as the uprated mounts will more than likely last alot longer than the standard mounts.

ITB'd MK1
Can get the standard mounts from EuroCarParts even cheaper, just been there and priced them up.

upper engine mount 49.95 +vat
upper gearbox mount £12 +vat
Not sure on the lower gearbox mount.

I've been considering the uprated mounts from k-tec though but I've still not justified paying near £200 for them (including the uprated dogbone mounts). I've not long replaced the upper engine mount and it's gone again just after 2k miles although it was a 2nd hand one that had covered 19k miles so it may been getting to the end of it's life before I fitted it.

what makes you think it's "gone"

if it's knocking, i'll bet your manifold to downpipe gasket is worn away

what makes you think it's "gone"

if it's knocking, i'll bet your manifold to downpipe gasket is worn away

Yeah it's knocking again, I replaced the upper engine mount as it was knackered. Not sure if you remember the pictures I posted of it? You commented on the top part being welded. Anyway after replacing it the exact same noise has come back and it looks like the rubber has split again. I've not inspected it properly yet though.

Focus RS mk1
i replaced my upper gearbox mount today for the k-tec uprated one and i must say the difference is noticable, more so for my probably as the old mount was completly shot! before i removed it i tried rocking the gearbox by hand and there was a hell of alot of movement, with the new one on it doesnt move at all! throttle response has also improved.

Clio 172
Ok im confused and not too good with things like this. On hard acceleration i get a banging and on idle my car rocks/vibrates. Is this just the engine mounts ill need? How come there is a 79quid difference in the upper gearbox mount when comparing OE to KTEC? Are eurocarparts suppliers of new or used items? I just want my r to stop banging on acceleration and to stop rocking on idle. Please help!

Tav

Clio 197
New OE mounts + uprated dog bone mount + something like this up top at the rear?

nengun-1508-00-jsracing-engine_torque_damper.jpg

Tav

Clio 197
A suggestion on how to keep the engine in check...it's a engine torque damper (gold part).

I think the main issue with the Clio engine mounts in the dog bone mount (lower gearbox). The other two just hold it up? Surely the dog bone counteracts (or fails to) the majority of the front/back movement? Adding a torque damper at the top of the engine at the rear might help.