ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine number question

On my V5 document it says engine no. Not known. Why would this be allowed by the DVLA?? :confused:

Ive tried but cant read the engine number on the engine, is there an easy way to read this or do I have to get Renault to take it apart so I can get to it?

Another point is, the V5 says my car is grey, is silver not on the list at DVLA or some thing?:(

172 Cup

I think my old imported 172 said the same thing on the V5. Didnt make any difference to Renault when i part exd it for the Cup tho.

BMW 320d Sport

Itll be because Renault dont submit the V5 data then, it would have been the importers. Theyre not going to look for too long to find the engine number, so they just dont bother. Same with my valver. Its a French import so no engine number reported to the DVLA.

Thanx Nick (y) so if I ask next time I go to Renault will they find it for me so I can get it put on the V5? I cant read it so will it be a big hassle to them?

BMW 320d Sport

Well it depends where it is. If its in a really quite tricky spot like on a valver, then Id say its fair enough if they dont want to find it for you! But you could definitely ask them next time and if they wont actually find it for you, at least explain to you where it is. To get back to the original question though, yes it if perfectly OK to have an unknown engine number on your V5 and especially for an import its not that strange.

Have just received my V5 & likewise mine also shows engine no: NK (Mines also an import). There are some numbers embossed in the lower half of the engine block sort of to the upper right area to the oil dipstick but have no idea whether this is the engine number or not. There is also a code which reads vertically right next to oil dip stick. Does anyone have any idea, as I sooner have this appearing on my logbook.