ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine oil temp

172 semi skimed cup
when i drive my gti6 i always wait for the oil to reach 90 before i pass 3k revs how can i tell when the clios oil is warm enough?

Leon Cupra R 225
:( it only takes 10 mins to get to work

if you check the colour of your oil it's probably slightly off yellow colour and not a smooth liquid like substance.

this is natural when your doing short journeys matey, but these 10 min engine on engine off journeys are not good for the car! :nono:

Leon Cupra R 225
and you could just walk/ride a bike if it takes that long? seems pointless driving for 10 mins, lol my lcr barely feels heated up after half hour

172 semi skimed cup
its about 7miles down hill to work fine for a bike but i dont fancy the ride home after a 10 hour night shift

my work is quite close too , 2/3 miles tops , i take the long way round and always try to warm the car up .

a thirsty one
i have the same problem its 11 miles to work but as i live close to a motorway junction and my work is near the motorway as well it only takes about 15 minutes max and i have to use the car biking/scooters arnt really an option as the alternative route on a-roads etc is trwice as long so I try and let the car idle for a few minutes on the drive before setting off and will give the engine a few throttle blips when in neutral to warm the oil and splash it round, damage is only really caused when using revs and under load.

RB 182 with CUP packs
I normally give it 20mins below 3K with very gentle throttle.

Another way to do it is give it 10 mins after the water is up to temp.