ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine oil, Transmission oil for the MK1 V6

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
From memory the V6 gearbox takes TRP oil available only from Renault at about £20 a litre.

This is different oil to the 172/182.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Andy D said:
From memory the V6 gearbox takes TRP oil available only from Renault at about £20 a litre.

This is different oil to the 172/182.

How many liters required though?

I have heard that the V6 gearbox only takes that certain type of oil, but why is that? Doesnt make too much sense to me.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Sorry don't know how many litres ... does the manual not say?

According to Jay who's an RTE "the v6 pk box defo needs elf trp even though its very pricey. the pk box soon falls apart with the wrong oil in it."

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Andy D said:
Sorry don't know how many litres ... does the manual not say?

According to Jay who's an RTE "the v6 pk box defo needs elf trp even though its very pricey. the pk box soon falls apart with the wrong oil in it."

I dont have the manual, thats why I am asking.

Thank you

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
I am planning to use Motul for the transmission. That is the best transmission oil I have tried.

But I still dont know how much transmission oil the V6 consumes though. I guess there is no seperate diff oil since the transmission is at the back too.

Engine consumes 7-7.5 liters right?

Can anyone help?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Yep ... 5.5 which is why I only send my car in with 6 litres for a change (3 x 2 litre Elf Excellium bottles).

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Do I HAVE to use ELF oils? If so, which model? I am planning to use Motul FFLSD for my gearbox.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
So how much engine oil is needed? 5.5 or 4.9 liters?
transmission oil? 3.4 or 4 liters?

I trust that you have not overfilled.

It takes a long time in filling and reaching the correct level.

Leave over night and check via the dip stick in the morning.

Mine has always taken slightly less including the oil filter.

Just under 5.5 litres.

Over filling can cause problems.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
Sure I will do that. but extra 0.5 liter will hurt? I'll still check though.

Motul 300v engine oil is good, the car is a lot smoother and engine sounds better.

Motul FFLSD transmission oil is great too.

Recommended!!

As John says it's definately 5.5lts for the engine including the filter, not sure about the G/box but I have had mine changed.........I'll ask at Reno today!

Also, you can use any quality synthetic oil for the engine but I would stick to the TRP for the G/Box........I also use the ELF Excellium for the engine and change it every 6months, which is less than 5000miles.

Cya Stu