ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine out again!!

I took my engine out for the 3. time in a few weeks today. From the time I started to take of the bonet to to when the flywheel came off, it took 2,5 hours :). Starting to know how to do it now. Mabye I should tru to set a new world record? ;)

BTW. The sealing behind the flywheel was leaking. Dident feel right after all the work on the 2.0 conversion to have a leaking car...

lol......

motivation.........2.5 hrs peace from the wife and kids.....then another 1 hr as you need to clean up after.......then another 10hrs peace as you fall asleep as its tireing work.....

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

mines leaking from there too after the rebuilt. will be fixed in a few weeks time though! When someone else ones mi 1800 bottom ;)

Quote: Originally posted by weight on 09 June 2003

Do the other side to!
Dont fix it if it aint broken! It only a 7 hour job to take the whole thing out anyway. ;)The cam side can be changed while it is on the car.

well if the fly side is leaking how long u think it will be before the cambelt side starts........................??

Hope Renault has this pert in stock. This crankshaft seal must be used in a lot of engines? Not only F7P/R I mean? U have the partnumber BenR?;)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 09 June 2003

lol......

motivation.........2.5 hrs peace from the wife and kids.....then another 1 hr as you need to clean up after.......then another 10hrs peace as you fall asleep as its tireing work....

It takes on to know one.. I have no wife though.. Oh, mabye its time to get to sleep. Soon time to get up for a less tiering job :)

F7R 710:
77 03 087 190 SEAL C/SHAFT 20.20 ---3 x 1

F7R 714:
77 03 087 224 CRANK SEAL M2 7.36 ---3 x 1

Dunno which is yours