ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine out or not?

clio 172 luna speedl
well im giving the car some tlc

replacing the belt kits (both) for the second time
and a clutch.

and thinkin would it be easyer to put the engine out to do them or just do them with the engine in.

hope someone cant help thanks lego

Cro

Meg'd r27
Might as well come out if you are doing both, makes life a hell of alot easier on the belts anyway

clio 172 luna speedl
thinkin of doin it on the drive, im am a mechanic and have been for 10 years.

anyone know if it would be a pain in the ass!!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yep get it out mate, makes sense too. shouldn't be too much of a pain if you've got the right stands and enough space to put everything properly.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Dead easy, especially since you have the mechanic background. Driveshafts, wiring, manifold and mounts off and out it comes pretty much

clio 172 luna speedl
looks like a job for my week off! next week!!!!

ill do a post for it all with pics it'll be my first!!!!!

182 FF
looks like a job for my week off! next week!!!!

ill do a post for it all with pics it'll be my first!!!!!

please do so, as i want to take my engine out and a few images always helps with planning out, as well as a mention of anything that was a ball ache:D

clio 172 luna speedl
well let me tell u all how i got on today!
great day all round apart from the camera being flat when i started.
so got a few after id done to and just have to remove the driveshafts in the morning and
pull the old girl out!

did fine cam belt side engine mount was really broken (pics to follow in the morning)
other then that got to say happy with how much i've done and how easy it was!!!