ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine pullys

Mk1 F4R
Hi all

Im am just woundering how easy it is to bend the main auxillary pully and water pump pully.

I bought a bottom end and i have only opend the sump to see if everything inside was ok and it was, put the sump back on then turned the bottom end over into the upright position, i then pulled the cambelt as it was still on and noticed that the auxillary belt pully was way off centre (pics below) and the water pump pully is also spinning off centre, there was also a screw that was bent like 45 degrees too that holds the cam cover on. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to bend them or how it could happen.
Im just getting really p***ed off now as i have spent £400 on just bottom ends 3 in total and i am not getting anywere with them any advice will be appreciated.

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
the easist thing to do is wip off the crank pully, and put one from one of the other bottom ends on, if it runs true, dont worry about it. some are easier to bend than others and to be honest id be very surprised if the crank has been damaged just from the pulley being hit.....,fingers crossed it is an easy fix.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
ok i miss read it lol, sorry. aux pulley and water pump pulley id say is very easy to bend them, a slight knock when moving the engine around would bend them.

ITB'd MK1
looks like the pulley's been removed and just fitted on the piss to be honest. Not quite sure how, but can see it would be possible. would need removing to put a new cambelt on anyway, pulley is far from the end of the world

looks like the pulley's been removed and just fitted on the piss to be honest. Not quite sure how, but can see it would be possible. would need removing to put a new cambelt on anyway, pulley is far from the end of the world

Pulley mating face is square seems its the outer edge thats twisted/bent

ITB'd MK1
hmm, new pulley then. wouldn't have EVER run like that without throwing the aux belt, so it's been whacked somewhere along the line. that pulley HAS TO be removed to fit a new cambelt whatever you do, you say you have other engines, so fit a pulley from one for those. Suck it up, it's minor

Mk1 F4R
hmm, new pulley then. wouldn't have EVER run like that without throwing the aux belt, so it's been whacked somewhere along the line. that pulley HAS TO be removed to fit a new cambelt whatever you do, you say you have other engines, so fit a pulley from one for those. Suck it up, it's minor

Might be the pully hopefully it is and the thread on the crank is ok water pump pully should be an easy fix.

Suck it up, it's minor maybe but when i have had bad luck with 2 other engines its starting to get annoying now and i dont need this

ITB'd MK1
i have to be honest, that is the sole reason i have a hatred of used engines, and why i'd rather rebuild or repair.

changing 2 pulleys (4 bolts in total FFS) isn't going to cause you ANY problem if you're prepared to fit a head to a block.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Good enough for me, I'll clean up the thread. Any further discussion regarding the condition on collection can be done via PM. Thanks