ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine rebuilds

my valver is om 130k and i dont know wether to jus get another 1 or get n engine rebuild? how much r they and what is done in the rebuild process? or should i jus save like f**k n try get a willie lump?

You will be cheaper getting a used engine and dropping it straight it but then again it may be an underperformer and will hit the same problems as your own one day so id say stick with your own - you know what youve got!

I had my one reconditioned for about 2k (expensive but i stay in the middle of knowwhere) and its like new. Remember that you will have fitting costs to think about as well as the work so itll be about 1800 at the cheapest id say (if you dont get a mate to do it)....

looking at about 3-400 quid for parts to do a full engine rebuild, replacing everything, then you got your labour on top, but the engine would be like new afterwards.

Where u from myk16?

Quote: Originally posted by Red16 on 12 November 2003

looking at about 3-400 quid for parts to do a full engine rebuild, replacing everything, then you got your labour on top
Thats cheaper than I thought for the parts.

How many hours labour would it be though?

Just curious really, might need to rebuild mine one day.

You have a perfect excuse for a williams convertion here, its make your mind up time

do u :-

A. wunna keep the car? if so, a willy convertion is the way to go, think HP do them for £2300 "fully" rebuilt which includes a stage 1 chip too.

B. Try and sell the car as it is.. (if it runs ok that is) most people are not "too" worried about miles if you have the history to back them up... It maybe time to move on.

Hillpower charge £600 for a fully BE rebuild, and most of that is on parts. I spent £300 myself in parts with out touching internals!

ur looking at 300quid for the parts, and a weeks labour DIY. its easy peasy rebuilding an engine. did that with my williams lump - goes like stink

jimbo

could rebuild a 16v engine in a weekend to be honest, not that much work involved, the bulk of it would be grinding the valves in, which is a pain in the ar$e.

i dont know anyone from chesire who could rebuild your engine for you as im up north next to newcastle

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

If you measure the components in the engine when it is stripped you might find that all it needs is a set of end shells,piston rings,oil pump and all the relevant gaskets.the bores and pistons in renault engines last forever if there looked after.Also check cam lobes for wear and the condition of the hydraulic tappets.