ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine refit help

Clio 172 cup
I re-fitted my engine after three months. When I turned it over it went straight to full throttle. I took battery terminal off to stop it. But now it will not turn over at all. I’ve turn it over by hand and it seems fine. Can anyone help please

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You've fucked it mate.

You can't possibly expect people to help you out with such a vague description, there's 100's of things you could have fucked up.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Need some more information mate.

When you turn the ignition on does the dash work?

I would unplug the injectors to avoid it starting until you can work out whats happening. Do you have a code reader? Is the large earth strap on between the gearbox and passenger chassis leg? Do you have a code reader?

Won't turn over, is immobiliser light out? Does the starter solenoid click when you turn the key?

Clio 172 cup
All dash lights come on including the immobiliser red light (but that doesn’t go out). I had to re-fix the earth strap in the little square just below as when I took the engine out the bolt snap so rusty. Throttle boby wire all connected. Got a friend coming over tomorrow with a reader ( but not over sure he the right person) when I turn on ignition the relays all click on the fuse box.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The revving on startup is likely to have been an air leak or throttle body unplugged (although it wouldn't normally rev full throttle, more like 3000rpm).

The relays clicking sounds like a UCH fault or you still have an earth fault somewhere, which is why the immobiliser won't go off.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The revving on startup is likely to have been an air leak or throttle body unplugged (although it wouldn't normally rev full throttle, more like 3000rpm).

The relays clicking sounds like a UCH fault or you still have an earth fault somewhere, which is why the immobiliser won't go off.
200.gif