ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine reliability at 200 bhp??

looks like i am going to be the party pooper, i must just be really unlucky as i had cams fitted and now i have a blown engine. gutted completly. it lasted all of 3days and around 250-300mile!!

Sounds like either a mapping or a timing problem. (more likely mapping)

TVR Cerbera
looks like i am going to be the party pooper, i must just be really unlucky as i had cams fitted and now i have a blown engine. gutted completly. it lasted all of 3days and around 250-300mile!!

I spun a big end bearing 500 miles after i rebuilt mine but gdi rebuilt it again and it's been fine since. Touch wood. Gdi are tops

I spun a big end bearing 500 miles after i rebuilt mine but gdi rebuilt it again and it's been fine since. Touch wood. Gdi are tops

At one point in time I was up for buying a spare engine to build myself with hi comp pistons, I thought how hard can it be to assemble... but after looking into it I thought f**k this lol. Easier to just pay someone else to do it! hehe

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

Sounds like either a mapping or a timing problem. (more likely mapping)

i doubt its mapping on mild cams.... det could occur but i think all tuners know about using correct mapped ecu's so doubt it that.

its however possible that there was an underlying problem that has just reared its head.

if there was a sensor fault it might cause it, again though the ecu's defult to a safe setting or dont run if there is a sensor failure

Focus RS mk1
sorry took a while to reply, ive heard engine failures are rare on the f4r. i think it was a problem just highlighted by the extra power. its going back to k-tec 2moro see what they find. i think its a piston ring or cracked piston but we will soon see. once its sorted im going to be paranoid about putting my foot down again incase it happens again just gota build my confidence in it.

TVR Cerbera
sorry took a while to reply, ive heard engine failures are rare on the f4r. i think it was a problem just highlighted by the extra power. its going back to k-tec 2moro see what they find. i think its a piston ring or cracked piston but we will soon see. once its sorted im going to be paranoid about putting my foot down again incase it happens again just gota build my confidence in it.

how much power are we talking?

Where you at matey? I live about a 10-15 minute dirve away from k-tech they are ussualy pretty good at sorting things from what I'v heard anyway so youl be okay.

Focus RS mk1

Where you at matey? I live about a 10-15 minute dirve away from k-tech they are ussualy pretty good at sorting things from what I'v heard anyway so youl be okay.

in wolverhampton so its a mission to k-tec

Focus RS mk1
were not the compression figures all down around 170? usually see 190+
yeh i spoke to another guy at GDI yesterday as you was out andy and he said the compression seemed low on all. i got 3 cylinders 177-175psi and 1 cylinder on 165psi. should the grooves on the back of the cams both be level with the cat cams 428s? only checking by eye with the exhaust cam lined up the inlet cam looked slightly off but couldnt be sure of this. if it was off it wasnt by alot at all

TVR Cerbera
were not the compression figures all down around 170? usually see 190+
yeh i spoke to another guy at GDI yesterday as you was out andy and he said the compression seemed low on all. i got 3 cylinders 177-175psi and 1 cylinder on 165psi. should the grooves on the back of the cams both be level with the cat cams 428s? only checking by eye with the exhaust cam lined up the inlet cam looked slightly off but couldnt be sure of this. if it was off it wasnt by alot at all

yes the cams are level at TDC