ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Run in!

Clio 172 (2)Clio 16v
Iv just fully rebuilt my track car engine and was wondering how many miles til anyone reckon they would run it in like i was thinkin bout 250 or so??

Maybe depending on the spec, main thing is don't let it labour as well as over rev and don't run at one constant speed, I'd do 100 have an oil and filter change and have a good look in the oil, then 250 more to be safe.

Regards Russ...............

HBT 172 Cup
50 miles, lots of engine breaking and foot to the floor without exceeding ~4krpm, bed the rings in, change the oil and filter, job done. Give it death.

I get annoyed people who think they need to bed the engine in for 5000 miles.

Clio 172 (2)Clio 16v
Cool thanks what bhp do any ye reckon i get from the engine i built it was a williams block got it bored out to 2.1 with wossner high compression pistons,crank lightned and balanced and knife edged lightened flywheel,matched inlets and polished head with piper high lift cams and vernier pulleys,four branch manifold full exhaust system and then gonna get the ecu chipped to suit it any ideas??