ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine sounds like an old ink jet printer...

Hello all.

I have just spent 2 fantastic days driving around the Zandvoort circuit in Holland for my race licence! Really amazed by the car! (Although Ive driven it on track a few times before ,it's the first time to really push it)
It was able to hold its own against much newer and more "serious" machinery, especially in the wet. Loved it!

However after giving it a serious thrashing I now have an interesting sound from the engine. It sounds like a cross between an old ink jet printer and a dial up modem.
It's quite a scratchy, high pitched sounds which starts and stops. Sound is loudest (when listening with a screwdriver to the ear) from the inlet manifold- throttle body end.

Car is a unmodified 182 with both cup packs on 92K miles. Had the Dephaser, timing belt, water pump and aux belt changed by Beniesport in June (2.5K miles ago) and Iv'e had it for about a year. Lots of oil changes and generally well maintained. The car used only a splash of oil over the 2 days.

Hopefully this link works. Sorry for the crap video
Any thoughts?

Clio 172 (CUP)
Think it's telling you something in morse code [emoji6]

.... . .-.. .--. -- .

"help me"

Seriously though it's an odd sound, I'm intrigued, fingers crossed someone recognises it [emoji1696]

Think it's telling you something in morse code [emoji6]

.... . .-.. .--. -- .

"help me"

Seriously though it's an odd sound, I'm intrigued, fingers crossed someone recognises it [emoji1696]

Yeah, morse code is actually a better description for it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throttle body.

Thanks. Now I have searched a bit about throttle body noises mine issue does seem similar. Although for everyone else it seems to be happening mostly with ignition on & engine off and it’s a constant noise. Def similar though.
Will have a look. Do you know if they are usually toast and require replacement or just a clean out?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk