ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine swap from 1.2 to 1.6 k4f from megane. in my storia

clio mk2 storia 1.2
Never said it had not been done - just said it was an unusual swap so the information you need isn't commonly available.

Calling people liars isn't exactly going to get you the help you want is it - I don't know where your from but thats a piss poor attitude no matter what your primary language is. People here generally go out of their way to help people especially when they don't make it difficult.

The thread you linked seems to be regarding an engine swap from a mk2 Clio to a mk2 Clio. Your trying to do something stupid by putting a rubbish engine into a Clio that was never sold in the UK. Google makes a Storia it look like a Clio Campus?

If its a MK2 Clio source a wiring loom, ECU and UCH from a 1.6 MK2 Clio - plug it all in and give your self a clap.

What ECU connector does your 1.2 loom have on it? Are you sure you can't just use the 1.2 loom with a 1.6 (CLIO) ECU and reprogram the UCH?
i mentioned Adeyspec not you or others. told him not to lie thats all :D i even didnt get any help the first 2 days :( aha so the swap was aboit a mk2 clio 1.6 to a mk2 1.2 clio? i thought itwas from megana, laguna cars and so on, you told alot of models that would fit in the thread at least. and recomended the twingo 1.6 engine at 133 hp.

im from sweden and here we have 1.6 clios but they are very rare, nto storia never leaved factory with an 1.6 engine. and thats the most beutiful phase,

google storia it look like a clio campus?= what do you mean, ye ok i will. so the 1.6 clio has the same connectoris everywhere? 1.6 clio in sweden are very rare. therefor i was about converting my storia when the engine is bad i cant almost not even pull my 2 caravans :( need a strong engine. so other models doenst have same connectors to uch and so on?

so what about my ide to just slice in engine harnes in the 1.6 ecu plug? look at my wiring diagram i posted,cables needed to be sliced and soldered in the new engine loom the connectors look similar at least. what do you think?

mayby trying getting a 1.6 engine from a clio on the scrapyard :( is all is plug an play as you saying. on this pic it look similar at least, cant find the 1.6 clio ecu on google :( im sorry if i was rude.
cf3571bff6d8236a56538cc27711dd7caaa.jpg

Attachments

• cf3571bff6d8236a56538cc27711dd7caaa.jpg
    cf3571bff6d8236a56538cc27711dd7caaa.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 87

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
i mentioned Adeyspec not you or others. told him not to lie thats all :D i even didnt get any help the first 2 days :( aha so the swap was aboit a mk2 clio 1.6 to a mk2 1.2 clio? i thought itwas from megana, laguna cars and so on, you told alot of models that would fit in the thread at least. and recomended the twingo 1.6 engine at 133 hp.

im from sweden and here we have 1.6 clios but they are very rare, nto storia never leaved factory with an 1.6 engine. and thats the most beutiful phase,

google storia it look like a clio campus?= what do you mean, ye ok i will. so the 1.6 clio has the same connectoris everywhere? 1.6 clio in sweden are very rare. therefor i was about converting my storia when the engine is bad i cant almost not even pull my 2 caravans :( need a strong engine. so other models doenst have same connectors to uch and so on?

so what about my ide to just slice in engine harnes in the 1.6 ecu plug? look at my wiring diagram i posted,cables needed to be sliced and soldered in the new engine loom the connectors look similar at least. what do you think?

mayby trying getting a 1.6 engine from a clio on the scrapyard :( is all is plug an play as you saying. on this pic it look similar at least, cant find the 1.6 clio ecu on google :( im sorry if i was rude. View attachment 1521840

No I meant - I had googled what a Clio Storia was and it looks like a Clio Campus in the UK.

You might be able to source a Clio 1.6 wiring loom and/or ECU from the UK then use a Megane 1.6 engine from Sweden.

I think you will be able to slice the looms as you say however you will need diagrams and also you will have to reprogram the UCH etc. I do not know if the keycard UCH is different which is why I would recommend (if you can) keeping the UCH from your 1.2 and using a Clio 1.6 ECU - that way you should be able to quite easily sort the differences with programming as the two modules are very likely compatible.

It looks like the UK Clio 1.6 was available with the Siemens SIM32 ECU - that means you might be able to use a Clio 1.6 ECU with your 1.2 wiring loom and the Megane 1.6 engine so no wiring changes - it might even be possible to reprogram your 1.2 ecu with the bin from a 1.6 part number ecu but I have no idea how you would do that.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I personally don't think you should even bother with this, you seem to need your hand holding through the entire process, a process of which about 3 people ever have completed.

To say an ecu looks the same from a 2D picture and hoping it will work speaks volumes.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
the thread you linked was clio to clio not megane to clio like you are trying you muppet.

physically bolting it in is easy, wiring the meg loom and ecu into a clio with clio uch or meg uch will be a ball ache and hasn't been done in anything I can see you have linked? so I really don't know what you are bleating on about?

if you figure it out, great 👍 let us know how you get on.

I'm off back out to my garage to carry on with my megane 225 into twingo swap, have a guess how I'm having to go about doing that.....

hint, lots of time and patience looking over parts and diagrams 😎

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Converting a Clio 1.2 to a 1.6 using the parts from a Clio 1.6 is easy, and because its so easy there is no need to be trying to make it hard by using a megane.

By all means use the megane engine if you already have it but get an ECU, UCH and key from a clio 1.6
Given your car is effectively a campus its going to be easier to get the bits from a post 2004 Clio 1.6 as it will have the same interior wiring loom etc, if you get the bits from a pre 2004 one then you probably want an interior loom and dials too

clio mk2 storia 1.2
oh thanks all then i understand ist almost impossible converting in megane ecu and emegance uch,

i didnt first knew 1.2 and 1.6 clio had the same ecu boxes with the same ecu connectors or same uch fitting, so then its just plug an play :) even the uch fits bolt on on my 1.2 connectors ? as i understand, thanks so the linked ecu is selfdecoded when plugged in :D so then megane 1.6 engine is bolt on car, with 1.6 clio ecu plugged in to 1.2 engine loom used on the 1.6 megane engine togheter with the 1.6 uch plugged in :) if that no need for programming anything,

OR if i get a decoded 1.6 ecu i can keep going with the 1.2 uch also :) becouse engine starts with out any immobilizer.

but what about the different sensors, as 1.6 engine use pencoils i think, when 1.2 use an old wasted spark double coil.? of what i know any more different, do i only then have to slice in the extra cables on the right pins ?

OR can i use clio 1.6 engine loom isnted? but how does the loom connector to the dash and relay box look is it even similar=? i have never found and seen that connector on any 1.2

clio mk2 storia 1.2
now i need a engine and instrument cluster wiring diagram for storia 1.2 2007 and wiring engine diagram for clio 1.6 year??? 2004-2006?dont know what year they were produced. i cant find it on internet need buing it, and i dont want buy it, plus in the engine manual haynes clio in sweden no wiring diagram is included. can someone please send me the diagrams needed :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Run a 1.6 16v engine and gearbox, CLIO 1.6 16v engine wiring loom and ECU, this will connect to the 1.2 Clio interior loom at the bulkhead and run the matching UCH from the 1.6 ECU and key (sorry I have no experience with decoded ecus etc)

your car should have these dials or similar with the screen in the middle:
Renault-Clio-Mk2-Dash-Clocks-Dials-Speedo-Instrument.jpg

a 1.6 16v UK Clio will have them from 2004>2007 so should use the same interior loom as your car

if its a 2001>2003 1.6 16v clio then it will run these dials and my understanding is you would need the interior loom too:
Renault-Clio-MK2-20012006-Instrument-Panel-Dials-Gauges-Speedo-Clocks-134K.jpg