ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Ticking.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey

I know I should be searching, and I have. I had the Dephaser, Timing Belt Kit, Aux Belt Kit, WaterPump, Oil Drain and refresh, New coolant... All approx a month ago.

I hadn't noticed any ticking till today as I was putting the engine cover back on. (it ticked before I put it on so not that)

It seems to be coming from the center of the engine, I used a long tube and listened to each bit and it sounded from the center.

The garage who did the work isn't open till Monday and I wont be able to book the car in for around 6 weeks due to work, if it is an issue with their work then its under a sort of guarantee I expect. if it is the dephaser i wont be best pleased and will be having them replace it for free ;)

Could a Lifter be at fault? (read about those and causing a ticking sound)

The Tick gets faster as I rev, I have taken a video and you can hear it clearly. There is a slight whine as its not up to full temp yet. But once it is its still there.

Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQKcmD31P9g&feature=youtu.be

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sounds normal. Probably just the carbon canister.

Also, that video was horrific, were you holding the camera with your mouth??

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
My engine is fine now. Im not sure what was up with it.

Since new cams fitted along with new belt and aux belt and pas pump the ticking stopped and the whine is much reduced.