ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine

hiiiiiiiiii there

ok...i took my car for a service to the AA and when i went to get the car back they told me that the service parts for a 1.8 16v wouldnt go in my engine:confused: and told me they had to use williams service items!! Im a bit confused here.....does this seem odd to anyone??

oh.....and does anyone know how much a new heat shield costs??

silver valver/hybrid

that does seem odd! firstly most of the bits are the same anyway and even if they were different you would think the 16v parts would be easier/cheaper to get hold of!

we found this last weekend we had to use a willy air filter as the 2 for the 16v were totally wrong this was on ivans (CHAVYBOYS) 93 L reg valver

didnt cost any extra for the williams parts.....but the guys at the AA were well confused. They tried to get an oil seal the other day and that wasnt the right one either. This seems to happen every time i try to get parts.

They said something about the spark plugs, the air filter.....there was a couple of other things but i cant remember *doh* They kept asking if id done an engine transplant!

The F7P (1764cc 16v) and F7R (1998cc Williams) engines are very similar. The main differences are in the bottom end - like the crank and so on - so nothing youd really notice in general servicing. The inlet manifolds and heads are of the same design, although the Willy has 32mm inlet valves and the 16v 30mm inlet valves (youd never notice). Bits like the spark plugs, dizzy cap, oil filter and air filter are the same, and any minor variation will be due to the age of the cars (Phase1, 2 etc). The only other main differences that the Willy engine has is the manifold and starter motor.

The confusion may arise becuase the 19 16v uses the same engine as the Clio 16v, but has a different inlet system (including the airbox). Ive been to loads of places that have tried to sell me 19 16v bits.

There are also two other 8v SOHC 1.8 engines available in the Mk1 Clio range (both variants of the F3P).

If yours is a standard clio 16v when ordering any geniune items quote the oval plate number C57D - a williams is the C57M. This will get you the correct parts indefinetely ( you will need your fabrication number as well - these are under the bonnet on the drivers side inner wing - its a fool proof system if you know what your doin)

C57D F102568 eg.

The number of times i ask for an oval plate number and they go silent.....then bugger off for 20 mins then come back empty handed.....to which i hand them a post-it note and a crayon to rub over the plate.......lol