ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epic Fail :(

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Stupidly thought it was a good idea to ask my missus to clean bird poo off my car door whilst i got in the shower.

She went out with a bowl of hot water and a sponge, it was baked on pretty good so she decided to use the scotchbrite side of the sponge!

Now on the passenger door is a nice clean patch where the bird poo was and loads of tiny scratches all around it, sticks out like a sore thumb!

The scratches look pretty small but i'm a complete newbie to cleaning (as in, I use some shampoo and washmitt to wash the car, watering can to rinse and then let it dry in the sun!) i've never done any sort of scratch removal etc and my dad said using stuff like t-cut on metallic paint can make the lacquer peal (it happened on his old car)

What do i do?
sad.gif

GTD, Lupo
You need someone to give it a machine polish. Im sure if you ask nicely there will be someone near by you who will be willing ot help.

Post some pics up so we can see the damage :D

Reminds me of the time i asked my GF to clean the inside of my car befor a show and she put silicon gel all over the steering wheel :eek: It was a hard drive to the show.

Paul

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Try Meguiars Scratch X but be careful not to apply too much pressure as it is a mild abrasive.

Da

Less
My ex once removed bird poo from her car with a brillo pad!!! :eek:

Needless to say, she never came near mine after that!

White ds3
could be worse a guy in work with (who dusent drive) thawt he would clean his mises car like a good boyfriend. dirt was quite caked on so out came a brillo pad over the whole car looked good till it dryed he said lol. it was only 6 months old black fiesta zetec