ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

erm...storage - from new V6 owner

Any vee owners ever carried luggage in the boot like a suitcase or something?

Any bright idea for securing the luggage from sliding around?

I was thinking of sticking velcro to my suitcase maybe - or possibly a net of somekind over the engine bay, dunno if anyone out there has ever done anything like this though.

PS awesome car, trashes my evo for driver enjoyment - so i dont much care about storage, but it would be kinda handy to stick stuff in the back.

3.0ltr V6

Ive carried a suitcase in mine and I normally just put a blanket down to stop scratches and then place it so it sits just behind the fron seats. It really doesnt move much at all. If you want to have it resting on the engine, it aint gonna happen, lol. :D

Clio RS 172 Ph2

There was a post a couple of months back from a guy from Dudley who took his vee on holiday to Switzerland, and I think he had his suitcases on the engine cover.

Ive had a weeks worth of shopping on there, and 2 tyres once!

The engine cover is damned strong, I usually load all my gear into one of them soft suit carriers and it squashes down nice on the enginer cover. Too much stuff behind the back of the seats kills the sound from the speakers. I was thinking of asking Simmonds in Worcester about making a squashy waterproof bag for the front compartment but dont seem to have got around to it -yet! They do some lovely custom stuff for the Morgans and Mogs have as much storage and weatherproof probs as V6 does.

Saab want £130 for luggage nets for the rear of the new Aero Wagon and thats an add on to a £31k tag price. Makes Renault Parts prices look cheap - well almost!

Renault ChaVio

You taking it on holiday or something? Cant you just pack light? Thats my solution with my Lotus. As long as you have a card and a toothbrush everything is fine.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by 137699 on 30 August 2005

There was a post a couple of months back from a guy from Dudley who took his vee on holiday to Switzerland, and I think he had his suitcases on the engine cover.

Ive had a weeks worth of shopping on there, and 2 tyres once!

imagine them missiles if he crashed!