ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP button wont turn on or off

Clio 172
Hi guys,

Had a little search but couldnt find any def answers.

Recently bought a 182 FF as you lot call it, got a prob with the thumb grips ripped which by reading other post seems normal wear and tear but cant seem to find any repair kits anywhere??

Most importanty i the ESP ABS and TC all work perfectly with no fault appart from the fact that when i press the ESP button bellow the steering wheel it does not illuminate the bulb on the dash. Now i cant beleive the bulb has blown considering all the others worj with leads me to think there is a fault, so was hoping one of you guys would have experienced it and point me in the right direction.

Just to add the ABS light comes on with ignition and goes out after a few seconds so thats all good

cheers for the helpssss

Clio 172 ph2
a friend of mines has the same problem, did you sorted it out ? same problem, ABS stays on until the engine starts,doesn`t show ESP on or off when clicking the button,the button works ok ,tested on CLIP,no faults on CLIP .After I few clicks on the button,I believed it was turned off,since whe had a perfect launch from 4500 rpm without feeling the ESP turn on.I do believe the problem is somehow dashboard related,as the ABS and ESP lights are a little darker than the other lights...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So the buttons operation/status can clearly be seen as functioning on CLIP? Want to bring it in? (joke) check the link above and run the dash bulb test to see if the light comes on.

Mick

Clio 172 ph2
with pleassure Mick,but I-m too far away for the moment :)) ,although the car was bought from UK .
newbitmapimagepv.jpg

I tested the switch there,when I press the switch it goes from ACTIV to INACTIV,so the switch works.
The lights on the dash also appear,but they seem to have a lower intensity than the other lights on the dash,only the SERV , ESP triangle and the ABS...
A reason for the lower intensity is ,maybe,that the lights had been covered with something so who will be buying the car won-t see the lights on the dash,but the car doesn-t have any errors stored on ABS so no reason for lights on.CC works well,speedometer works well,so no reason for hiding the leds.So other reason might be some electrical fault within the dashboard.Last night after playing a little with the ESP button , when we tried to launch it from 4000 rpm , I didn-t felt the ESP kicking in,also there was a lot off wheelspin,but today my friend told me that on launching,the car dropped revs and no wheelspin,because the ESP activated back when the ignition was off,will try tommorow another test with the ESP,but in my opinion I tend to believe that the ESP works,only it doesn-t show on dash.Also before starting the engine, the ABS light on the dash stays on,in its faded mode...after starting the engine goes off.Didn-t drove the car,because I-m only familiar with cars that have the steering wheel on the WRONG side :))
P.S. CB1N in the printscreen is because I used my car for making the print screen,not my friends CB22 :)

Last edited: