ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP / Traction control

Clio 182FF
Hi guys.
Had a problem with my Clio 182 now for a while which I can't get to the bottom of so am hoping you can give me the solution!!
a couple of months back my esp and serv lights came on whilst driving. I couldn't initially turn it off and started playing with the ESP button whilst driving. Eventually I held it down for something like 20-30 seconds and the ESP light went off. Since then my esp has not worked at all. The bulb on the dash works and since then I can turn the ESP light on and off using the ESP rocker switch. It came on again whilst driving maybe once and I searched for an answer and got the pedal switch adjustment normal answer so I tried this out but still nothing. I have since changed this for a new switch but still ESP will not work. Had the car plugged in and faults checked but nothing in relation to abs or anything obvious. Abs light has never come up as a fault either and brakes work fine so I'm happy all abs sensors work. What else could this be? Could it be the steering angle sensor? Would a warning light or anything else noticeable occur if it was this? I would like the ESP / traction to work properly so need to get this sorted. If I have disabled it completely by holding the rocker switch down how can I reactivate it? (I have held it down again for 20-30 secs but no change)
I really hope someone can help.
thanks guys.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Needs CLIP time I'm afraid matey to say what's gone off or how best to proceed.

It does sound like a general system fault though.

Mick