ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP Traction Control Fault

Clio 172
Hey peeps!

I've even got my local Renault garage confused about this fault. here we go:

Clio Sport 172 Ph2 52plate - DF078 Hairpin Speed Coherence came up after CLiP system test.

When driving along steadily the car suddenly brakes on the left front wheel and veers off!

I've been turning the traction control off ever since, I now dont trust the car much! any ideas? anyone else had trouble with the traction control system?

Your help is appreciated before I spend a fortune on Renault trying to trace the fault.

Focus ST
Ooo, doesn't sound too safe. You'd think Renault would know what that means.

If I was you mate, I'd call Mike at Rentech. I think his user profile is Mike@Rentech. Look under his profile and get his number form there.

Hope that helps...

The dealerships is rubish if they cannot find what that problem is

DF 077 is the drivers insolation sensor circuit its short circuited to +12 v or + 5 V

Its the insolation sensor.

Tell the dealerships it noted in technical note 3385A

gavquiet said:
Do you reckon DF077 is similar to DF078? also do ya know where the insolation sensor is? cheers mate!
Ooops didn't read that right I though you asked for 77

DF 078 is for driver insolation sensor circuit. Its short circuit to +12 volts or +5 volts. Check insulation of the connection:computer connector track A17 (A18 in DD)track 2 insolation sensor (fix if needed). if its still wrong replace the insolation sensor.

Check the other codes though as ff DF079 DF083 are also present,deal with DF078 as a priority.

DF 077 is for Internal temperature probe microturbine circuit gone to open circuit or earth. Check the continuity of the following connection: computer connector track B1 track 1 internal temperature sensor connector. Test the connections on the computer connector and the internal temperature sensor connector. if that doesn't fit it replace the internal temperature sensor.

I'll try and get a picture of what you need.

Clio 172
Photo's would be great, soz but still dont know where the insolation sensor is or what it does, cheers for your advice yeah, nice1!!!

gavquiet said:
Hey peeps!

I've even got my local Renault garage confused about this fault. here we go:

Clio Sport 172 Ph2 52plate - DF078 Hairpin Speed Coherence came up after CLiP system test.

When driving along steadily the car suddenly brakes on the left front wheel and veers off!

I've been turning the traction control off ever since, I now dont trust the car much! any ideas? anyone else had trouble with the traction control system?

Your help is appreciated before I spend a fortune on Renault trying to trace the fault.
Wait a second DF078 is an climate control issue dealing with the sensor where the interier lights are your problem is the ESP problem so that failure isn't linked.

Most likly your probelm isn't throwing a warninbg light as its working as it should the sensors are giving did results.
There 5 sensors one on each wheel reading off the wheel and there one (the most likly one causing you a problem) is the one down by your handbrake they can fail and cause problms like your describing.

I'd keep well away fromt he dealer your using if they cannot fix this problem.

Clio 172
Its Renault Yeovil!!! will stay away!

Just spoken to Alex at Carlton ClarkieV6 and he seemed to know loads about it so am gonna pop down to sunny Exmouth as soon as I can.

Is there a sensor inside the car by the handbrake? or is it underneath? could it just be a loose/dodgy connection?

gavquiet said:
Its Renault Yeovil!!! will stay away!

Just spoken to Alex at Carlton ClarkieV6 and he seemed to know loads about it so am gonna pop down to sunny Exmouth as soon as I can.

Is there a sensor inside the car by the handbrake? or is it underneath? could it just be a loose/dodgy connection?
I'll find a picture.
If the sensors giving out reading even if there wrong the computer won't throw an error.

I'll get a picture.

Clarkie good though will help you out.

Renault Yeovil I've some similar remarks as to there knowedge and value for money.

Clio 172
Photo would be sound as mate, thanx for the Renault Yeovil remarks, £210 for a 48,000 basic service, thought that was a sting!