ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Road Trip

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Get a Thomas cook card.
Then when we need Swiss franks we just go to an ATM and withdraw some and it does it for us :)

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I'm doing this at the weekend, how much do they cost, or is it free?

It's free, €2 charge to withdraw money, free to use it in shops.
You'll want to spend all the money on it because they give a poor exchange rate when you take money off it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
going to take £750, £300 on the Thomas Card and £450 Euro's. I'll get one of those cards beginning of next week

Artic Blue 182 FF
It nice to see someone else has been inspired to do a europe trip. Thanks to Mr Dan Freeman's awesome photos I am undertaking a similar europe trip in less than 6days to include Geneva, Monaco, Furka pass and Stelvio. It Just so happens that on my route back up to the ring I realised Munich has the Oktober fest! So myself and friend are partaking this 2600mile journey in the clio.. and my some what retarded mate is taking his motorbike! I will endeavour to take plenty of pictures but I cannot guarantee they will look anything as professional as Dan's. Plus cheers for the helpful infor on the toll roads and money situation.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
for the ferry, all i need to bring allong is the print out with all the details on it? and for the Swiss tax disk do i just tape it on the inside?

for the ferry, all i need to bring allong is the print out with all the details on it? and for the Swiss tax disk do i just tape it on the inside?

For the ferry, just the print out is all I took when I went last weekend and it was fine.

Tax disc thingy, I'm not sure. How long did it take for yours to come through, ordered mine on Thursday last week and not had it yet :S

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
champion thought that will be ok, just checking that's all.

Still time to come through, took about week n half 2 weeks for mine. You'll be ok you'll get it in time.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've got 2 walky's i'll lend 1 to you if you havn't got one. have to get some battery's too some AA ones

340i

virtual-high-five.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm abit nervous driving on the other side of the road, first time doing it

340i
After 5minutes of driving on the left hand side it will feel completely normal.. Just remember it's anti-clockwise on roundabouts... That's the weird thing!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
After 5minutes of driving on the left hand side it will feel completely normal.. Just remember it's anti-clockwise on roundabouts... That's the weird thing!

I wish my satnav had an 'avoid roundabouts' setting.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'll have a post it on my steering wheel saying go right go right lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
lol aye, i'll probably be pissing my pants for the first couple of hours like

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Stu, how many night are we not camping? for those nights is there already booking for them?

You'll be hearing me with my Trance music

MG ZR 1.8
I'm sure that the amount of exhaust noise ect from a load of clios will wake the old fogies babe not just banging tunes!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Heah i'm sure it would lol, will you lot be still up or will we wake you up?