ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Everybody loves a good hand job!

VX220
So until i can afford an orbital polisher im still working by hand. Thankfully silver is a more forgiving colour so not all is lost. In about August I gave the car a good wax and with the weather getting worse i thought it could do with another session.
DSC00234.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

So as you can see there was a fair old amount of grime and road dirt on the car.
Firstly i have it a quick hose down to get rid of any loose grit and then had a quick session with the snow foam. I only have the karcher attachment at the moment so not the best results but still does an ok job.

DSC00241.jpg

I then used the Sonus wash mit to give the car a good wash using the two bucket method.
Once that was done i rinsed it off and then had a feel to see if i needed some clay. It wasnt too bad but some parts were worse than others. Working in the cold was much more difficult so i kept a mug of warm water near by to keep the clay pliable.

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

Even after a wash it was looking far better.
DSC00245.jpg

So once it was dried off it was time for a coast of SRP all over.
DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

Once buffed off i then applied some EGP...twice.

The wheels were treated to some Poorboys wheel sealant to give them some protection from the salt.
DSC00251.jpg

By this time it was cold and getting dark so im going to save the wax until tomorrow maybe. Although this is the end result of today.
DSC00252.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

Had a quick spray in the engine bay just to check things over and give it a general tidy up
DSC00247.jpg

Just need to work a few more hours to get the orbital polisher ready for next summer.
Chris

VX220
ha i know! got a little trigger happy with the old wheel sealant...plus my hands were cold. i think the picture makes it look like there is more on there than there is. Smelt good too!

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Looks awesome mate... How do you rate the poorboys?
One question though, as far as i know via the detailing gurus on here, less is definitely more when it comes to AG SRP... looks like you smothered it... is that ok?...

VX220
each to their own. i still have plenty of paint on my car. Maybe if you were using an polishing machine then i guess less is more as it is abrasive. I have never had any problems applying by hand; it dryies cloudy as well which might look like there is a lot there. I just put a little on the cloth each time i worked down the panel.
Poor boys is the business. I applied it to my spare wheel while there was no tyre on it and it is now fitted to the car. when i washed the car all the crap just fell off with not scrubbing needed. As you can see i might be using a little more than the average user!
Chris

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Good stuff fella... Looking forward to getting poorboys, only just had my wheels refurbed so want to leave it a few more weeks, but itching to get it on there for added protection against the dreaded gritters!....

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Just looking on i4detailing, can't find poorboys on there, unless i'm being more stupid than usual?!...

VX220
guildford to middlesbrough is a slightly long drive...you drive to me and bring some beers and ill do your car!
Chris

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Good work! SRP is a quality product :approve:

Don't worry too much about not putting a wax on straight away as SRP will last on it's own, but obviously nowhere near as long as a wax.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh right, didn't see that :eek:

Just had another look, you have used quite a bit of sealent there lol, would of been better doing a few layers ;)

Also, I'd apply the SRP in straight lines rather than using a circular motion.

106 GTi
I get better results using the SRP in Circular motions and then follow it up with straight lines.

If you used that much polish on a Black car it would be covered in dust when you remove it - hence why people slate AG SRP on here for dusting as most use to much.

It works as you have done it but all you are doing is wasting products, anything excess you remove is just waste. You can work SRP till there is little or nothing to remove, same with the wheel sealant two thin coats are better than one thick one.

Car looks good though.

VX220
cheers,
As for the EGP the pictures dont show that applied although i only had a little left so that was two sparing coats.
Cheers for the comments, exactly why i posted the pictures.
Chris

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Still haven't used EGP yet... want to clay and get rotary polished to remove some light swirling... is it worth EGPing before all that? I guess it will protect in the interim, but one i clay and detail it'll all come off....

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
thanks mate, just was wondering if it was worth putting on SRP and EGP before i get a chance to clay and rotary polish, in this weahther i think i'll say no, until it warms up a bit! ;-)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Not really worth the effort. Just leave it and then do the full works when the weather gets better.