ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Everyones opinion needed on tonights happenings

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Im very angry about tonights goings on :mad:

Well today i decided to stay late after work and clean the inside of my wheels, seeing as there white this has to be done.

I drove the car from my car parking space at work and into the workshop. Car was running for about 40 seconds to a minute. Parked it in the workshop fine. No problems what so ever, car running and working fine like it has for the past 2 years!

Car off, windows down and radio on. I take off 2 wheels, go outside and wash the wheels and start to put them back on. A mate turns up like agreed for a chat and a bit of banter. Anyways we start talking about certain thing to do with the clios engine. He pops the bonnet of the cup and i go about fitting the front wheel again.

I lower the car and start on the other side. The bonnet is still open,fine. Why should i be worried. So i take of the other 2 wheels and go outside
and im cleaning them, Im alone for about 10 minutes. Again fine, its a trusted friend why should i be worried about him being elsewhere.

So all done wheels nice and clean. I go to start the car. Bonnet is still up at this point (im stil putting tools away and i like to warm the car up before driving) I turn the key, wait 2 seconds and fire it up. I instantly heard the misfire, ticking and along came the smell of fuel. I turn it off at once. I look under the bonnet quickly, shout my mate over and say its misfiring and i can smell fuel. I look closed.............. One of the injector solinoids has been snapped off the wire was hanging out of the oil temp sensor and a plug that goes into the altonator has been rugged out.

Now i had not been near the engine bay all night, my mate was poking about it but as said i never even looked at it. To me it can have only been him. Correct me if im wrong but when you weigh up all the goings on it doesnt look good.

1. Car drove 10 miles this morning fine, sat all day, i drove it into the workshop with no problems, I have 2 witnesses to this, my boss and workmate.

2. An injector doesnt just decide to snap a head off itself, and sensors dont just rip out of sockets along with snapped wires.

3. I hadnt even gone near the engine bay.

4. It just so happens the area where all the damage was caused was the area that my friend was poking about.

5. where was he for the 10 minutes i was outside?

I personely think it was him, these things dont just happen. Hes not even man enough to admit it and cough up the £60 for the new injector. It wouldnt even bother me if he had come and said look i was poking about and ive broken and injector by mistake, i will buy you a new one tomorrow. Fine, these things happen. But the fact that he said it wasnt him when it could have only been him pissed me off the most.:mad:

There is chance i could be worng but tbvh its less than 1%.

What does everyone else think?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
it was him, i would of blamed him there and then

Dont worry that was the first thing i done, he still said it wasnt him. I cant prove it tbh there is no camera evidence. Still s**t though. Car hasnt given me hassle in 2 years! Im still really pissed off. Not at the fact of the 60 odd quid its going to cost, its just the hassle of now getting a lift to and from work and him not admitting it! f**king hate lies!

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Here are some pics of the damage.

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

The other 2 wires that were torn out i didnt take pictures of. Looks like he was messing with the injector and when it snapped his hand slipped it took out the 2 wire diretly underneath it.

He probably tried to pull it off as a joke, we used to diconect 1 ht lead on each others cars, 1.ol fiestas etc usaully just before we were going to pick up a 15yr old chick.
If it was malicous he needs a loosener to his jaw, if it was a joke thats gone wrong he needs to man up and admit it.
s**t like that doesnt just "happen", defo his doing!

Probably did it for a laugh / wanted to see what would happen. And with most french parts, They break.

Did you tell him how much it would cost to fix? Probably denying it because he thinks its gonna cost a lot?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Things like that dont just happen, and if he was "poking about" is would have been him, no doubt about it, What car does he have? - haybe he is just jelious!

What a C0ck!

Hope you get this sorted soon, he wouldnt be my mate if he did that to my car, thats a fact.

Let us know how you got on with repairs :)

Breaking mk2 DCI
mate i think ive got a spare plug if it helps? drop me a PM if you want it, (free of course)

:( thats a shitter.

I would be more pissed off that a good mate clearly has no respect for me, and has lied to me tbh.

sounds like a s**t mate tbh!!!

i bet hes wanted to play a joke and doesnt no how to actually disconnect injector plugs so he just ripped the f**ker braking it in the process

dude get him to pay for it!!!, wont be cheap for a new one

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Well got into work this morning and decided to have a look under the car for broken bits of plastic etc........ and there was. Further evidence that it was done in the workshop.

Ive ordered an injector from renault, £58 plus vat :eek: Ive told my "mate" that he should be paying for it, so only time will tell if he does the rite thing.

If he doesnt i will going to the next yard (about 10 meters away) and i will be asking if i can have a look at there cctv as they have 2 cameras at the edge of there building. This MIGHT just tell all as it might show me in the wash bay cleaning the wheels and it might show where my mate was at the time. Obviasly a long shot but it will uncover the truth behind the whole situation.

Still out of pocket,i have to scrounge a lift to work and back, and i have no car. Not to mention the work involved to change the injector etc. Tbvh its the least he can do. I could come the c**t and bill him for all the other clips etc that has been broken.

?
Sorry to hear this dude,

Break bits of your mates car in revenge tbh. And make it blatently obvious it was you but deny it all the way.

Mini Cooper S sport
Can't believe a mate would do that then not admit it! He must know it was him.

Would dump him like a b**ch to be honest.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Can't believe a mate would do that then not admit it! He must know it was him.

Would dump him like a b**ch to be honest.

Your not the first person thats said that to me today. Imo i think he's said it wasnt him as a spur of the moment thing and now he has dug himself a hole he cant get out of. Ive given him a chance to pay for the injector on saturday so i will see what happens from there. Still raging over the whole thing. Had to get a lift to work this morning which i hate as i have to get up earlyier and im just waiting for a lift home now. Not to mention ive been working on the cup since half 4 taking out the fucked injector and sorting the positive wire to it.

Ive sorted all of the wires now and the injector is out, Just have to wait until saturday morning now for the new one. If it arrives that is.

BG182®
Is it a mate or a ''work mate'' ?

If its a work mate then a falcon punch would be on its way but if its a ''mate mate'' then and uppercut would be fair.

Do you not have camara's in your work/workshop?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Is it a mate or a ''work mate'' ?

If its a work mate then a falcon punch would be on its way but if its a ''mate mate'' then and uppercut would be fair.

Do you not have camara's in your work/workshop?

Its was a mate. No unfortunatly we dont but the place across the yard does and it faces onto our door. The workshop doors were wide open all night. Its an option but i dont really want to hassle them for something thats not even connected to there business. But if i really have to i will.

BG 182 FF
i would ask if they could just run through the camara's. But weather he is you m8 or not I would be telling him to pay for what damage has been done then give him a right kicking cos it sounds like he is jealous

Clio 182FF
If you're positive that no one else was there or could have tampered with it then it must have been your mate. Needs to own up if so.

AK

M240i
D1CKY? lol.

Tough break tbh, as you say sounds like he's dug himself into a hole saying it wasn't him and now can't go back on that...

<3 your cup too :D!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
The more irate you get about it the less likely he is to admit it. Probably bricking it.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I have acquaintances I would kind of expect this from :( sounds like he doesn't deserve to be a mate at all unless he does everything he can to make this right for you.

Mini Cooper S sport
The more irate you get about it the less likely he is to admit it. Probably bricking it.

That's true, and he's probably scared he's caused damage which'll cost a fortune to fix.

I'd tell him exactly how much it costs, and say if he pays for it you'll forget about but he should have owned up in the first place.

If he continues to deny it, get proof and tell him he has to pay or things'll get ugly.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sounds like an awesome mate, but as previously stated, rape him its the only way he will learn.

Audi
kick his head in. shove the injector up his arse. delete as appropriate

Don't think thats the right thing to do...............hammer a turnip up his ar**, that'll teach him!!! ;);)

What a c**k-boy though. Have you seen him since it happened or do you think he is in hiding??

Alex