ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Everyone's selling their 200's?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Any particular reason for this?

Surely you cant go wrong for £199 a month over 2 years :S

Army200
-xTreme-
varlski_uk
Harry602
Wests Renault
Daniel
Brown Bear (Soon)

Just seems a little odd to me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think Revels is right.

I also think and tell me if i'm wrong, that the car as a whole isn't "great". Bare with me.

It's not stripped back enough to be as exciting as your 172's et al and it's not soft enough to use as a solid everyday car doing mile munching. Mpg, comfort ect..

I know Evo raved about the cup as well and i'm sure on the right road it's an epic machine but maybe it didn't do the rest well enough?

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
I took the cup for a test drive when it came out and thought I was gonna get back in the 172 and be depressed after driving the brand new shiny 200. It was surprisinly the other way about when I got back in the 172 I done nothing but smile, a 200 would do nothing for me except put my bills up.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
In short...I don't know why I bought one. As much as I enjoyed it, to me it's a weekend/occasional car. It's not a good place to be on a daily basis.

Shame, they do look like a lovely car.

But as many say, cr4p mpg & a very stiff ride dont make for a brilliant everyday car.

And not everyone has £200 a month to spend on a toy.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
A car that can barely return 30mpg? Must sting unless you have shares in Shell

Said it many times, people who drive normally and calculate properly without trusting the trip computer get much closer 35mpg in the 200.

I'm very happy with mine after previously owning more exotic machinery :approve:

Discounted 1*2 parts
Mine is only for sale due to buying our first house. Can still afford to keep it but the extra cash will be useful!

Nissan 350z
In this thread: Mk2 owners convincing themselves the Mk2 is the best. Mk3 owners deffending their purchases. Oh Cliosport, you so crazy!

7 members have sold/selling their 200s, THE WORLD IS ENDING.

I considered the 2 year lease deal, but it came down to this;

Why get rid of my 182 which will do over 40mpg on the motorway, and make me lol on a Sunday blast, for a bigger, heavier car, which won't feel as fast and by all accounts rape my wallet on fuel if I give it some?

If I wanted a more "grown up" and nicer daily drive, for not alot more I'd get a Golf GTI ( and i did ) although within 6 months I was back in a 182.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

the-nile-river0.gif

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
people feeling the pinch its as simple as that. £200 a month, then factor petrol, tax and insurance you're looking at well over £500 a month..... The mk3 is a step up in every level over a mk2. Wonder if EP3 owners whinge about mpg? Similar pace and all that.....?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This is about current owners selling, not buying?
Most seem to be trading down for older models

AG 200
I wont be selling mine unless my financial circumstances change. The car is superb (apart from the odd rattle) , I'll probably chop it in next year for the new model if I have the funds to do so.

This is about current owners selling, not buying?

I think maybe you misunderstand my point mate. Or maybe I wasn't clear. I'm saying that just because there are a few 200s up for sale doesn't mean everyone is jumping ship. There are countless thousands of cars up for sale all over the UK.

Evo 5 RS
People sell up all the time ffs. It's not uncommon for a common car to be sold at a common rate by commoners who just want something possibly less juicy for their commute. C'mon..

Besides everyone always baits the Mk3 debate and they rise to it, probably because they've not yet paid the car off!!

200s are ace btw

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I only raised the question as £199 for a brand new car isnt exactly breaking the bank, & i wondered why everyone who took out the finance deal (specifically) were all jumping ship less than 12 months in.

Cash raising is not an answer btw. Its financed. You're not releasing £15k of cash to plough into something else.

Discounted 1*2 parts
I only raised the question as £199 for a brand new car isnt exactly breaking the bank

As said above its the cost of fuel and insurance etc on top too. Selling the car free's up a fair bit of cash every month which soon adds when saving!

Clio 172 cup
A 172 cup has 99% of the fun factor/driving experiance of a 200cup but for 1/4 of the price, plus its quicker than the 200 and yes i have driven both.

The 200 is a far better built car ( and the seats/interior are lush) but it has no mid range punch whatsoever.

For me it needed a turbo